Seri, The Motherly

SHIHARU NAKAMURA from Love So Life manga as SERI MIYAMURA

It's been almost two years since our parents' death and everything seems to be settling down.

I woke up at exactly 5.30 A.M, washed my face and got the laundry up and running so Reena-nee can hang it. I don't immediately take a bath because it'll be a waste if I sweat and have to take another bath (plus it's cold!). Then I start preparing breakfast and lunch for everyone. Even though we have 12 siblings not everyone is at home. Six of my elder brothers are living on their own or in hostels so I only need to prepare food for six. Simultaneously, I did small chores around the house while waiting for the rice to cook.

I hummed as I did all the familiar routines, relishing the moment of being useful to my family. Our parents' death was a hard blow and my elder siblings struggled to pick up the pieces. I wanted to help them but with no other talent than housekeeping and cooking, I couldn't help much. That is when I swore to make things easier for them. I did the housework diligently, look after my younger siblings and not make a fuss. That is who I am. Seri, the obedient.

As I finished setting the table with today's breakfast, Sachi enters the kitchen.

"Seri-nee, what are you making for breakfast?" She asks as she rubs her sleepy eyes.

"I made your favourite sausage rolled bread and some scrambled eggs

"Yeay! Thank you Neechan!" Sachi gave me her signature heart-melting smile (Awww, she's just too cute) and hugs my legs.

"Alright Sachi, let's go and take a bath. We don't wanna be late for school now, do we?"

After we both finished our bath and got dressed for school, Shun came barreling down the hallway from the boys' wing.

Oh, I almost forgot. Our family lives in a big traditional Japanese boarding house. I don't really know how our father could afford it but it seems the house was willed to him from his deceased grandparents so it was really convenient for our big family. 

(sorry if the image is a bit dark

(sorry if the image is a bit dark. this is the closest one I could find)

"Good morning Seri-nee! Sachi!" Shun shouted as loud as his lungs allowed him.

"G'morning Shun. Keep it down, okay? We don't wanna wake Reena-nee up."

"Ops! Sorry!" Shun grinned sheepishly.

"Where's Shou? Is he up yet?"

"Nope. And I ain't gonna wake him up again."

"Come on Shun. He's your brother. Be nice."

"Why should I? He's never nice to me."

"Shun..." I gave him a warning look.

"Ughhh...fine. I'm doing this cuz I love you nee-chan." Shun replied despondently.
Shun is such a sweetheart so I know he never meant to disobey any of our orders or requests. Unlike Shou.
However, both of them are my beloved brothers so I'll always forgive them in the end.