"So, ma'am. I was wondering when Guardians are supposed to appear. Does it happen at a certain date or whenever a Beta is in danger?" he asked.

"Oh, you haven't met your Guardian yet? How odd."

"Is it really?"

"Yes, quite. So far, you have been in three near death experiences; however, your Guardian still hasn't appeared yet. A Guardian normally appears when their Master is in danger."

"So how come mine hasn't shown up yet?"

"That... I do not know... maybe my Guardian can help you."

"Your Guardian?"

"Yeah, you haven't forgotten that I'm a Beta as well, haven't you?"

"Of course not, I just was expecting to see it until like... a major event..."

She placed her hands together and closed her eyes. "I call for you, Grace."

Next to her, a small girl appeared in a pink flash of light. She had short pink hair and brown eyes. She wore a light pink dress and had a red cross pin attached to her hair.

"You called, master?!" the girl yelled, shocking Grant.

"Grace, must you yell?" Tina said.

"I apologize... so why did you call?"

"Grant, this is my Guardian, Grace. She can deflect attacks or cancel them altogether."

"Um... nice to meet you, Grace." Grant slightly bowed. Grace didn't respond.

"Don't worry, she's kinda shy."

"No, I'm not! I just don't want to talk to him." Grace crossed her arms over her chest.

"Did I... do something?" Grant asked.

"No, no. She'll warm up to you eventually. Now, Grace. Can you sense Grant's Guardian for me?" Tina asked her.

"If I must." she sighed and closed her eyes. A minute later, she reopened them. "Nope, don't sense it."

"What?!" Grant nearly stood up.

"That's quite strange. There's always a presence no matter how small." Tina touched her chin in thought. "Something must be holding your Guardian back... or maybe you don't have one."

"Don't have one?! How can I not have one?! I'm a Beta, aren't I?!"

"Well, I'm not sure what to say. This needs more investigation. I don't remember other Betas having trouble commuting with their Guardians. This is truly interesting." a smirk appeared on Tina's face.

"Master, we found another odd one!" Grace said.

"Hey, don't call me odd!" Grant yelled at her.

"Be quiet, pervert! Maybe it's your own pervertness that's holding it back! I certainly wouldn't come out if my master was a pervert!"

"Why you..."

"Well, that could be a possibly." Tina said.

"What?! How is that even possible?!"

"For instance, let's say your Guardian is a hot woman with big breast who's clumsy."

"W... What?"

"I can sense some of your thoughts. You kids sure have a vivid imagination."

"Don't look into my thoughts!" Grant blushed.

"Well, I'm not apart of this discussion, so I'll just go." Grace said as she disappeared.