luke licked his lips and turned away. mrs. finger continued the lesson and gave them a group of assignment. "you will work in a group no more than three, i will let you pick your partners, but make sure you finish this by monday. this is a huge part of your grade."

luke turned to calum and saw he just sat in his desk because no one would work with him. "hey, you can work with me...even though you insulted me this mor-"

"i'm fine." calum spat while his arms were crossed.

he shook his head. "no, you're working with me."

"what about ashton and michael?" he looked at ash and michael waving their hands for luke to go and partner with them. 

"you're alone, and they have friends in this class."

"you're lying. you're all nerds, all you have is each other." calum kept his arms crossed and looked down at the rubric he was given by his teacher. luke shook his head pouting.

"i'm offended, cal. we have some friends..."

calum scoffed and pulled his paper close to him. "forget it, i'll ask mrs. finger if i can work alo-"

"no." mrs. finger spat as she walked past luke's desk. the blonde smirked and looked at cal. 

"see now you have-"

"luke! what the hell are you doing, we're working over there! just because he has this weird crush on you doesn't mean you're obligated to work with him." michael shook his head. 

"i don't have a we-" calum began.

"shut up." michael looked toward calum.

"don't tell him to shut up." luke glared at his best friend.

"well he's got you moping around it's not cool." michael sassed. "come on."

"i'm working with calum." luke blurted causing ashton and michael to gasp dramatically. "oh come on, stop acting like babies, he has no one to work with, and you guys can work together."

"i'm very triggered." ashton tilted his head.

"catch me outside how bout dat?" michael poked out his lips causing calum to chuckle.

"aww, your laugh is so cute.." luke smiled down at calum while biting his lip. "bye guys, we have to get started." the blonde pushed them away.

+

"come on, calum keep up!" luke ushered him as he trudged along the almost vacant beach. the beach was almost empty except a few couples. "i like coming here when it's cold." he went closer to the water.

"ugh! i don't fucking understand how this deals with making a journal based off of how to kill a mockingbird, luke." calum glared at his ex while following him down the beach. he stood next to him taking in the silence. he felt a sly hand move into his and he looked at luke with furrowed eyebrows. "what are you doing?"

"just wanting to know if it felt the same.." he leaned down to calum's ear. "it does."

-

they ate in silence while watching the beach from far away. they were waiting on their meal and calum constantly avoided luke's gaze. he fiddled with his fingers huffing. he scratched at a heavy bruise he carried under his long sleeve, hoping luke didn't see it. when the food came calum looked down at his food luke ordered for him with a frown. "i can't eat this...i'm actually not that hungry."

"here, want me to feed it to you?"

"no! i'm not hungry!"

"when was the last time you ate?!!"

"that's none of your business, bitch!"

"it is so my business, when was the last time you sat down and ate a proper meal without throwing it up right after?! you need to eat!"

tears welled in calum's eyes and he slammed the towel down on the table. "bullshit!" he stormed away from the table and waited by luke's car. he viciously wiped away his tears while sniffling. 

luke left money on the table and walked to his car as well. he opened the car and they both got in. "cal, i did not mean to go that far."

"luke, just take me home. i knew you hated me, and i knew it was a mistake letting you be my partner."

"calum, i'm worried sick about you! i didn't mean for it to come out that way it just did!"

"just fucking drive, i don't care anymore!!" tears slipped out his eyes and he wiped them with his long sleeve. luke pulled his arms away and leaned closer to him pecking his lips. 

"i'm sorry okay, calum? i won't ask you again when was the last time you ate. i stepped over the line. i'm very sorry. i can drop you at your house, and do the project myself, but i'll still put your name on it."

"deal. but stop kissing me, you doofus!" he pushed him away and wiped his lips with his sleeve. 

"you're the doofus, doofus."

"we're not going to do this you dork!"

"i know you are but what am i?"

calum smiled and turned his head away, not daring to let luke know that he made him smile. "fuck you, bish."

+

YO YO YO, THAT WAS IT, THANKS FOR READING I LOVE YOU, LIKE COMMENT ALL DAT SHIT IF YOU WANT c:

C-DIZZLE OUT! Get it because my name is Camille, and i stole Calum's nickname and..