Chapter 10

~That Night~

I was on the cool warm carpet, my back on the soft carpet, my eyes wondering in the ceiling. I thought that Ruby has someone to the dance. Then I thinked of him, Max. I might say yes. But the dance is on the 17, April. Its only the beginning of March.

Weeks passed by and the same routine with Jade. We got to know each other better, but somehow the more I knew him, the more I liked him, but I remembered Kathy. I have seen them together a lot. I feel myself a little bit of jealous, somehow i feel sad.

~Week before Dance (Monday)~

I wait by the door for Jade, we walk and I felt a harsh push my my right shoulder, it was Kathy , she gave me a look and cuddled Jade. I see them happy, but Jade, I see him sad in the inside. I look away. They go further away from me, "You coming?" Jade asked. "Yeah I will catch up," I responded. Kathy as usual gives me her evil look. We reach to the school. The day passes, i'm by my locker, then a arm comes across my locker I close my locker. I turn around and I see Max. Our faces are so close I decide to look down. "Have you decided?" he questioned.

"I..um...yeah I.. I will go with you,"I said nervously.

He smirked and left. Ruby came smiling, "shut up,"I yelled. I saw Jade, his arm around Kathy, looking sad. I continued walking.

~ Wednesday~

After school I went to the mall with Ruby to pick out our dresses. I went through many dresses. Then I found a perfect one.

I loved how the dress fits me

I loved how the dress fits me.I got home and I see them making out. I stand there flusterd, he sees me and gets away from Kathy. "Um..I..sorry..um..escuse me," I muttered awkwardly. I ran straight to my room. I felt tears. Ugh.

~Friday, the day of the dance~

I get ready with Ruby, we go there with our dates. I see Max, looking sharp and cute. He puts his arm around my waist as we walk in. I see everyone looking so beuatiful. We get a table. I sit down. I see Jade, how his outfit showed his outline of his perfect body. Then I see Kathy, with the her exotic dress. Colored red. But Jade caught my attention. Then they walk by the table that I am sitting at. They place there stuff, I see Jade smiling at me. I look away from him. Then Max helds his hand out, I take his hand. We dance to the slow dance. I check the time. It was 8:30. We continue dancing. I acedentally bump into Jade, I look away and continue dancing with Max. I look at Jade, dancing with Kathy, she up all on him, kissing all the time. She is trying to make me jealous. Then Max cups my face, his green blue eyes looking into mine. I interupted him, I thinked he was saying, how i was pretty tonight. I went to the bathroom, me staring in the mirror.

 I went to the bathroom, me staring in the mirror

Then Kathy comes in, with her servents. "Whats wrong?"she whined. I looked down still facing the mirror. " You jealous?"she whispers.

She comes closer to me. "Love is in the air, I love Jade, Dyme. I love his body. I please him better than you."

"You don't love him, you just don't have feelings, your just the school's slut, aren't you. I will treat him better than you, your just using him, you don't know nothing about love, just breaking hearts."I screamed.

"Oh... i'm a heartbreaker, talk about Max. Really, in realality he doens't like you, he is just using you. You know that right?" Kathy tilts my head to her face. She mutters ," Jade is mine and Max doesn't really love you."

She pushes me and leaves. I look in the mirror. Ugh. I fix myself. I head out the door. Max grabs my rist, he takes me close to him. I see his eyes."I don't feel a connection, I...I'm sorry." I reply. I walk away. I go to the park.