No Pressure Chp 2 ReVamped

Pulling up to my new apartment, I spot Harmony standing by her car. "You know you could've called me and let me know you were here." I said looking at Harmony.

"Yeah I could've but I figured you would be here in a few. Where's mama's baby?"

"I'm right here mommy!"

"I don't see him Serenity. Laws Jesus my baby ran away from home!" Harmony said dramatically

"Mommy!" Tristan said giggling while holding his hands up.

"Oh! There's my baby! Hi T!" She said while picking him up. I'll give it to Harmony, she loves her son and husband without a doubt.

"Hey Harm? Have you talked to daddy lately? I've been trying to reach him but he hasn't returned any of my calls." I asked.

"Now you know how daddy is. You know he stay strung out."

"Yeah, but he usually calls me to let me know he's okay."

My father is a drug addict and has been ever since my mom passed away a few years back. He usually calls me to let me know he's okay. Just because he's a drug addict doesn't mean I can't see about him. He is my only parent left.

"Well maybe he'll call later on today." Harmony assured.

"Yeah, I'll give him time. But let's move this stuff in and get everything situated. The furniture should be here by tomorrow."

"Damn Serenity. It's like you had this planned out."

"Hell, I did. Once I caught him cheating, I had a plan in motion. Just had to put that plan in effect at the right time. I still couldn't see that woman's face though."

"Well let's not worry about that right now. Let's get your stuff settled" Harmony said in a rush. Wonder what that was about? I thought.

Opening the door to the apartment, I put the keys on the kitchen counter as Harmony walks in with boxes.

"Where you want these?"

"Just sit them in the living room. I'll sort it out later. Just wanna get all of this stuff out of my car."

"Okay. And hey, this is just a better beginning." harmony said reassuringly.

Animal/August

Pulling up to my apartment building, I see two women taking boxes out of a car. Me being the gentleman I am, I pull into the parking spot next to them and get out of the car. Walking towards the car I couldn't see her face but mama was blessed from behind. "Excuse me ma'am, I noticed you were moving your stuff in. I wanted to know if you could use an extra hand?"

She turned around and my heart dropped. It was her. Serenity Green. She look so beautiful. Curly hair, beautiful brown complexion, and that smile. Lawd Jesus that smile got me gone. "Serenity?"

"August Alsina. It's been a long time."

"Too long. How you been?"

"I've been okay. What about you ?"

"I've been making it. How's Jason doing?"

" I wouldn't know." She said turning around pulling out more boxes.

I hit the shmoney dance real quick and said a quick prayer before she turned around again.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know." I said trying to be sincere.

"It's cool. But as far as helping out you can just grab this extra big box in the trunk and that's it's. Don't wanna trouble you too much." She said with a smile.

"It's no trouble at all boo. I don't mind."

"Serenity, Michael just called me. Forgot I had to pick him up from work. AUGUST!" Harmony screamed out.

Harmony and Mike were the homies back in high school. But of course, life got in the way and we lost contact. "What's up loud mouth?"

"Still the smart ass I see." She said smacking her teeth. I saw a little boy with big hazel eyes and light as hell. Looked just like Michael.

"That's Tristan huh?"

"Yeah this my little man. But we gotta get going. Gotta go pick Mike up. I'll tell him I saw you. Bye Serenity. I'll call you later!" big mouth screamed.

Shaking my head, I grabbed the box off the back seat and headed in the house. Sitting the box on the floor, I looked around. "This is a lot of space for someone living alone." "Yeah I bought a two bedroom. Tristan spends the night with me a lot so I might As well get him his own space too."

"True. So as a thank you gift for helping you move all this stuff in, I think you should cook tonight."

"Really Aug? You moved one box."

"That was a lot of work. Lawd I'm tired!" I fell out dramatically on the floor.

"Do I have to cook? I was thinking takeout."

"I was thinking some Italian food. So either you cook this food or we just gon starve."

"How am I supposed to cook? My stuff is everywhere."

"My place.... Puh-leaaassseee?" I begged making a sad face.

"Fine."

"We gotta go to the store though."

"Why?"

"We need the ingredients girl!"

"I thought you already had them! Damnit! Ugh. Let's go."

I smiled looking at her little self getting aggravated. Walking out the door and heading to the car, she stopped and looked at me.

"Let me drive."

"Uh. Nah. You good mama. C'mon so we can go."

"But August!" she pouted.

"I said no Serenity." I said sternly.

She mumbles something under her breath while walking towards my car and getting in. I opened her car door back and pulled her out. Shutting her door, she looks at me like I was crazy. "What the hell?" "Watch us mouth. And as a man, I open your doors. Chivalry ain't dead ma." Rolling her eyes, she turns facing the car as I open her door. Getting in, she looks at me. "You know you beautiful right?" "You wanna buckle my fucking seat belt too?" She spat. "But that mouth.."