Chapter 2

Gwen finally got moved into her new apartment, I was helping her unpack and was going to stay the night since I thought I had everything under control for a while. We where sitting on the couch each eating a cup of ramen, she put on a show that she had been wanting to watch. She fell asleep half way through the seventh episode, I picked her up and brought her to the bedroom. I put the covers on her and went into the bathroom to take out my contacts, I looked at my eyes in the mirror and saw them glow a bright blood red color. She looked at me, "Hey what are you doing?"

"Nothing, I'm going to go out, just go back to sleep." She fell back asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Then in a split second I jumped out the window and fell off of the sixth floor. I got back up after hitting the ground and kept running it made me run through a patch of briars. I saw a man standing near the woods he had a gun in one hand and the other was balled up in a fist. I ran at him and he pointed his gun at me, I felt the bullet go into my stomach then another in my shoulder. I fell to the ground and saw him run away I had my contacts in my pocket with my phone, I put in my contacts and got out my phone, I went to Gwen's name and hit send. "Hey are you okay."

"Call my dad and come to the park I'm out by the woods there will be an ambulance."

"Okay."

I hung up and called an ambulance.

I blacked out for a minute and when I came too I heard the ambulance and Gwen calling my name and for the first time in years I actually felt pain. It stung so bad and I couldn't move my arm, I let out a scream and Gwen ran to me. I felt her touch my good arm, "Shh it will be okay."

I looked at her she had tears in her eyes, I was so destructed by the pain that I couldn't talk. The paramedics got me on a gurney and loaded me into the ambulance, Gwen sat in the back with me and held my hand. My dad was in the police car behind us, I could see the worry in Gwen's eyes and held on tighter to her hand. She looked at me then kissed my forehead, I blacked out again after that. When I woke up all I could see was a blinding light above me and I could hear a steady beeping in the background. I felt a needle going into my arm and tubes going up my nose, the other arm was held close to my chest while most of my upper body was wrapped in bandages. I turned my head a little and saw Gwen sleeping with her head in her arms on the edge of the bed, I heard foot steps and looked up to see my dad coming into the room from the hall way. He looked over at me and had a look of surprise on his face, "Oh my god Ashe!"

Gwen turned her head and shot up, she climbed onto the bed and wrapped her arms around me. Her arm hit my shoulder and I felt pain shoot through it, and hissed in pain. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean too hurt you." She backed away from me.

I put my good arm around her, "It's okay, I'm fine now." I kissed her head, Dad sat down in a chair beside the bed, "So how long have we been here?"

"Well I've been here the entire time you've been asleep, so a day and your dad has been here a few hours. They're trying to find the guy that shot you."

"Okay."

Dad went to work that night and Gwen stayed with me, Josh and Damian came to see me and brought some food. Then Erin, John and Alex came and Alex climbed up on the bed and into my lap. "So are you feeling okay Ashe?"

"Yeah, they said there was a third bullet that I must have not seen and hit my chest going through my lung or something. But it has already started healing."

"That's good. When do you think you will go home?"

"I don't know I might go home with Gwen."

Gwen looked at Erin, "So when is the baby due?"