Introduction

12 years ago

I was 6 years old when I walked down the stairs as my small feet padded the wooden floor. I had heard a loud noise coming from the living room. I looked around the corner and saw my mother lying in a pool of her own blood. She was still alive, looking at me her eyes where completely white, besides a black circle and her pupils. I saw the man standing over her with a knife covered in blood, I screamed and he was gone. My dad ran down stairs and held me, he called the police and took me into the kitchen. The police came and one met with me in the kitchen while another met with my dad. Officer Rogers asked, "So Ashely tell me what you saw."

I held my hands in my lap reliving what I had just seen, "All I saw was my mom on the ground, covered in blood."

He wrote down everything I told him then continued asking questions, I looked up at him, "Where's my dad?"

He looked back at me, "He's with the other officer he should be done soon."

I looked back down at my hands.

Later that night they finally got done and he came out of the other room he was in, he came over to me and picked me up. He took me up to my room and tucked me in bed. I didn't sleep that night I sat in bed thinking of Gwen, my best friend. Gwen heard what happened and got her mom to bring her over, she came into my room, got on the bed and hugged me. She pulled away a little, "Are you Okay?"

I looked at her, "I am now that you're here."

She stayed and talked to me while my dad went to work so he could get off for the funeral. Gwen stayed with me most nights after that, she stayed in my room and we would hide from everyone else.