"S-sorry Sire Knight, Ms.Winters I had no idea you two were in here." She says panting slightly, as she hurriedly bows before running back out, and I stare after her wide eyed. That was significantly awkward.

"Do you think she's gonna tell anyone?" I ask.
"Tell what?" Alaricus asks, nuzzling his face into my hair.
"That the almighty Alaricus has gone insane and is cuddling with his mate on a random kitchen counter." I retort, eliciting a quiet chuckle from him, that shakes me as it rakes through his chest.

"I could always hunt her down, scare her into never uttering a word about the almighty wolf who's gone absolutely insane for his sweet little mate." Alaricus whispers into my ear, nipping gently at the skin.
"T-that probably won't be necessary, and is probably morally wrong." I say and he shakes his head side to side in a comme ci comma ca motion.

"I should have asked her to make us hot cocoa." Alaricus groans out suddenly and I wrinkle my nose.
"She seemed terrified, its best you didn't, plus we can make some." I say scrambling to get off the counter but he winds his arm tightly around my waist.
"I'd rather just hold you than have hot cocoa." Alaricus mumbles, trailing kisses down the soft skin of my throat. His tongue darts out to gently lick over the conjuncture between my collarbone and throat. I flinch slightly as I feel something smooth and hard press against the skin, and he pulls away from my throat.

Turning around to look at him, I see his hazel eyes glinting gold, canines peeking out from his usual perfect teeth. He squeezes his eyes shut, trying to shake away the urge, but the longing in his eyes was impossible to miss. The primal longing of a wolf to mark their mate. I was slightly curious as to why he'd never brought it up, Eros had but Alaricus had never.

"You want to mark me." I breathe out, my brain not even registering my words before they leave my lips. I'd become so very comfortable with Alaricus I no longer felt the need to keep my thoughts to myself, it was as if my brain sensed he was a safe place, I could tell him absolutely anything. 
"Amara do you know about the mark of a mate?" He asks me softly, after taking a moment to reign in his control again. I shake my head at him, turning in his arms so that I'm looking at him.

"The mating mark can be a wonderful thing, it binds the two together, but not as most believe. For wolves it allows each to sense the others pain, the bite of your mate awakens when's something within your wolves, binds them together in a sense that allows one to feel if the other is in danger. Allows them to feel their extreme emotions, share it amongst each other. And of course to many wolves the physical bit means no other will approach your mate. But for us, it'll only be physical, since you do not have a wolf, it'll only be my claim on you for others to see, since you would not be able to bite me in a way that would not heal. For us it wouldn't have that additional emotional layer, that emotional connection. And physically is not the way I wish to claim you. I want to own your heart, so that another man could never even hope to be its owner. I want to be in your every thought so that another's words to impress you do not even hinder you in the slightest. I want to leave my traces on your skin, but in the sweetest of ways, that'll torment you only in my absence, I never want to hurt you. Marking you would only hurt you, taint your beautiful soft skin, and for what, for others to see you bare my mark, for me to leave my physical print on you? I never wish to do that, I couldn't live with myself if I were to hurt you. I love you so much angel, I could never hurt you." He says softly, and I twist completely in his arms wrapping my arms tightly around his neck and hugging him to me.

"Thank you." I mumble into his neck, and he wraps his arms tightly around me pulling him into me.
"For what?" He asks softly.
"For being a honey wolf." I say and he laughs, somehow understanding I meant sweet.
"I'd do absolutely anything for you angel, you never need to thank me. You repay me for everything by simply being." He says softly.