Chapter 13

I walked into school, exhausted. I was grateful that tomorrow was Saturday because I really needed to sleep in. I was also glad that I told Mitch I wouldn't work tomorrow, which meant I didn't have to work.

Not only did I have to go to China to make sure that everything was fine with the company, but I had to go to a different country to fix some problems there as well. I skipped a whole day of school to get the stuff completed.

"Hey, where were you yesterday?" the annoying voice of Cupcake asked, and I groaned in annoyance and closed my eyes while I laid my head on my locker. "You alright?" Concern filled his voice, and I was a bit surprised that he was concerned for me.

"She will be, if you stop bugging her," Eevie said, walking over to me. She handed me a cup of coffee when I turned to look at her and smiled. "Dad will give you everything you had missed yesterday. Did you get me anything?" Her eyes sparkled with impatience because she knew that I would normally get my friends something from my trips.

I scowled at Eevie and took the coffee. "I am not in the mood," I grumbled. "I shouldn't have come today." I yawned and rubbed my eyebrows. "I did, but I will give it to you tomorrow."

Eevie folded her arms across her chest and scowled. "And, who says that I will be coming over tomorrow?" she asked, cocking her eyebrow.

"Because, we usually are over at her place on the weekends," Ethan said, coming over. He nodded his head to Drew and Marcus in greeting before looking at me. "Are we still hanging out at your place tonight?"

I groaned but nodded because it was normal on Fridays for the soccer team to come over. "Wally all ready ordered the pizza. Just let me take a nap before you come."

Ethan smirked. "That doesn't normally work, Chris," he said, and I groaned again. "Just have more coffee, and we do have practice today."

I scrunched up my nose. "I knew that I shouldn't have come today." I glanced at Marcus and Drew to see them looking at me confused. "I work somewhere that keeps me busy some days."

"And nights," Ethan added. "So, did you get me anything?" he asked, cocking his head. He smiled innocently when I glared at him.

"I'll give it to you tonight," I replied. I glanced at Eevie. "Do you want to come over tonight?" I asked. "It would be good to have another girl."

"Sure," Eevie said. She looked at Drew and Marcus, smiling. "Do you want to come as well? There will be lots of food. These soccer players eat a lot."

"Which is why Christina will not be a model," the annoying voice of my cousin said from behind me. "I mean, look at her."

"And you are?" Marcus asked, glaring at her. His whole body was tense, and I could tell that he did not like her bullying me.

I huffed and rolled my eyes, turning my attention to the blonde haired, green eyed female glaring at me. I pursed my lips into a thin line because I really did not want to deal with her. "Marcus and Drew, this is my annoying cousin, Cosette. Cosette, I don't think these two need to be introduced to you."

Cosette looked at them, and I could see her eyes get bigger when she took in Drew. A sly smile appeared on her face, and I could feel Ethan shift uncomfortably from behind me. "I know you," she said, sauntering over to him. "Why are you hanging out with them?" She placed her hand on Drew's chest and moved it down, batting her eyelids together.

Drew smirked down at her. "Because they seem to be a more... appropriate group that my "parents" want me to hang out with, and Pumpkin over there is pretty much a spitfire. It annoys her that I talk to her."

Cosette scrunched up her nose. Confusion filled her eyes as she looked at the five of us. "Who is Pumpkin?" she asked.

I took a sip of my coffee and raised my hand. "Don't know why. It was 'Sweetcheeks' for a bit."

"Like one time," Marcus interjected. "You've been calling him 'Cupcake' for as long as you have known him."

"Because "Drew" is so overrated," I replied, rolling my eyes and scoffing. I took another sip of my coffee. "So is school, but we still go to it."

"Awww, but you didn't go yesterday," Cosette said, pouting. She walked over to me, frowning before putting her hand on my forehead. "Are you feeling alright? Ethan said you were sick."

I pushed her hand off my head. "Cut the act, Cos," I said. "You hate me, I hate you. You want everyone to hate me, because according to you, 'I am not girly enough.' Just... leave me alone."

"You aren't a girl-" Ethan groaned when I elbowed him in the gut. "You aren't, though," he huffed. "Can we get to class? Uncle Moore said he is going to be stricter this year on us." He shuddered. "I do not want to work with the football players."

"Awwww, you poor baby," I cooed before starting to walk to class. "He might try to get me to work with the football players today because I missed school yesterday, but I'm not going to. It's not like he can kick me off the team."

"He could fail you," Cosette said, walking with us because her class was that way as well.

Eevie, Ethan, and I looked at each other and then at my cousin. "Nah," we said in unison because we both knew that it wouldn't be true. He'd probably want us out of the class and the school because we were "annoying."