prelude!

THE DEVIL SKATES ON THIN ICE

status — complete!

« started: 26th january 2017 »

« finished: 12th september 2018 »

「 WARNINGS! 」

metaphors that reference weapons. heavy swearing and insulting. hospitals / blood / physical trauma. minor alcohol and drug mentions. implied sexual content.

「 EXCERPT! 」

❝ after tonight, yoongi has realised that she is not the shell of a memory he has clung to for so long. he saw her in there, although she was hidden beneath layers upon layers. she peeked out every now and then in familiar mannerisms or ways of speech that alluded to long-forgotten fondness. maybe, she did not realise the small slip-ups she made throughout the night; her tipsy carelessness let the layers peel back and fall to her feet like a rose wilting its petals. but the knowledge that not all is lost is enough to comfort yoongi for the time being. it holds enough importance for him to linger.

because he knows that he saw the hint of forgiveness in her eyes—still struggling to make it to her lips.

perhaps, he thinks sleepily, eyes drooping closed, we'll make it there one day. ❞

COPYRIGHT! 」

all rights reserved © vankoya & seokeros. no translations, reposting and/or modifying of the following fan fiction is allowed without my explicit permission.