Chapter 3: Interruption

"Chloe?" the voice called.

Chloe's stomach lurched with panic. She quickly began stuffing all the toys back into the cardboard box.

"Oh, why must Detective Douche ruin all the fun?" Lucifer said, quickly putting his clothes back on. "I thought you said he was out of town"

"He left for out of town. Apparently he's back for some reason." Chloe tossed her high heels off. She peeked out the bedroom door, just as Dan walked into the living room.

"Chloe, are you here?" he called.

"He can't see you here" Chloe whispered. She grabbed a bathrobe from her closet and threw it over her dominatrix suit.

"Well, where am I supposed to go?"

"Anywhere else!"

Chloe pushed the package under the bed, then hurried out into the living room.

"Hey" she said, trying to sound casual. "I was just about to get in the shower. Dan, what are you doing back?"

"I forgot a few important documents my cousin asked to see" Dan said. "So I turned around and came back here."

"Oh, well, I'm sure they're here somewhere. Then you can hit the road again."

"Probably not. It's getting late, and the traffic is particularly bad tonight. I think I'll wait until Sunday to go."

"Sunday?" Chloe's jaw dropped.

"I'm in no hurry" Dan said. "However, I may need to stay here tonight. Most of the bad traffic is due to a crash near my apartment. Can't get anywhere near the place. Do you mind?"

"Oh...um...no, not at all. You can spend the night here tonight." Chloe's mind raced for a plan. "Um, I'll be right back."

Chloe rushed back into her bedroom and shut the door behind her.

"So what's all that?" Lucifer asked.

"Well, Dan forgot some stupid document and is now spending the night."

"Well, that certainly isn't good" he dropped his voice to a whisper. "You know, detective. With Douche here, this isn't quite the best place for a scene. Perhaps my apartment would be better."

"Seriously?"

"Of course! I'll have Maze look after the club whilst we enjoy ourselves upstairs."

"How will I get past Dan?"

"Just lie to him! Tell him there's a woman by the beach getting her purse stolen and she needs Super Chloe to save her."

"I can't just lie to Dan."

"Yes you can, so do it!"

"Chloe?" Dan's voice called, and there was a knock at the bedroom door.

"Don't come in!" Chloe said. "I'm not wearing anything, I'm getting in the shower."

"Okay...sorry"

Dan's footsteps moved away from the bedroom, and a few seconds later, the TV was turned on and tuned to the sports channel.

Chloe sighed, then slumped down onto the bed with her head in her hands. Lucifer pulled the box out from under the bed. He picked up one of the leather boots and examined it.

"What could I possibly say to him?" Chloe said. "Why am I even doing this?"

"Because you're curious" Lucifer said, kneeling down in front of her. He was holding the leather boots in his hand. "There's nothing wrong with curiosity, detective. It's just one night."

Chloe glanced down at him, and he gave her an encouraging smile. She leaned back on her hands, her tongue pressed inside her cheek.

"You are getting a whipping of a lifetime after this" she said.

Lucifer grinned. "Please, detective." He slipped one of the leather boots onto her foot, then slowly zipped it up. "Or should I say, 'mistress'"

Chloe smirked, as Lucifer zipped on the other boot. She stood up, and the high-heeled boots made her feel taller. More powerful.

Lucifer eyed her up and and down, his face full of carnal wonderment.

"Beautiful" he breathed.

"There's a backdoor you can slip out of" Chloe said. "I'll think of something to tell Dan. I'll be at Lux around midnight." She eyed the box. "Take the trinkets with you, and be ready when I arrive."

Lucifer smiled, his eyes filled with erotic anticipation.

"Yes, mistress."