Chapter 11: Revealed

Half an hour later Jack and Spot returned. I examined the ground until the two of them appeared in front of me. My eyes shifted from Jack to Spot and then back.

"Thanks Jackie Boy" Spot patted Jack on the back. Jack looked down at me and squeezed my shoulder before heading back into Medda's. My eyes met Spot's. He glared down at me. "Yous lied."

"Really? About what?" I sniffled.

"Your scars."

"What?" I never told Jack about my scars. How did he know? Spot's gaze softened. And he sat down next to me. I processed everything, trying to figure out how Spot knew.

"Jack didn't tell me, but when you put two and two together." He paused and looked at me. "Mys, if yous would just tell mes the truth. THIS..." he motioned between us "would be a lot easier." Well there's no lying out of this one. I rested my forehead on my hands. My heart started to beat out of my chest. "Look, Mys yous are stuck with me whether yous like it or not till this whole situation is taken care of, so make it easier on yourself princess."

"What did he tell you?" Spot took a deep breath in like he was preparing himself.

"Yous were abandoned at birth. When yous were 8 Victor and Lily took yous in. They neglected you for 7 years. Then yous ran away and Jack found ya."

"Well he just told ya everything, didn't he?" tears streaming down my face.

"Mys, I'm sorry" Spot said quietly.

"They would never let me go anywhere. My job was to stay inside and clean and cook and" I paused thinking of how I would have to please Victor, but I wasn't going to tell anyone that. "When they weren't please they would... they..." My throat stared to close and the tears cascaded from my eyes. I placed my arms on my knees and buried my face in my hands as all the memories came back. I shivered as I felt Spot wrap his arm around me to comfort me.

"Mys, I..."

"I'm fine" I interrupted. The last thing I wanted was anyone's pity, let alone Spot's. I stood up and wiped my tears away. I faced Spot as I moved my hair to one shoulder and started to head back inside.

"Mys." Spot stood up suddenly and grabbed my arm, holding me back.

"Spot, I'm fine!" I snapped trying to pull away from him.

"And here you are lying again." His grip on me intensified. I whimpered.

"I'm not lying!"

"Then why are yous crying?" his eyes searching for mine.

"Cause you're hurting me." I said quietly looking at the ground. Spot immediately released me. He looked hurt by my response. While his grip was strong, that's was not the reason for my tears. I just didn't have enough energy to fight and argue with him. As I walked back into Medda's I fanned my face, hoping no one who notice I was crying.

"Yous good?" Race said approaching me.

"Just peachy" I responded smiling slightly. Spot walk out from behind me, pushing pass me and bumped into my shoulder. I stumbled forward catching myself.

"Say your goodbyes sweetheart." he said glancing back. My heart fell as I looked back at Race. Tears started to prick me eyes. I made my rounds, saying farewell to my 'Hattan family.

"Bye Jack" I whimpered as I reached up to wrap my arms arm his neck. he smiled down at me.

"Bye trouble maker." He squeezed me tight, lifting me up off the ground and then back down. Spot stood next to him staring at me intently.

"Alright Jackie Boy" Spot and Jack shook hands which transitioned into a hug. "See you 'round."

"See you 'round." Spot turned and guided me out of Medda's. I paused once I was outside.

"Lets go." Spot said without turning to face me. I trailed behind him as the two of us walked back to Brooklyn in silence.

As we approached the lodging house Spot opened the door, entered the lodging house and proceeded to slam the door in my face. What the hell was his problem? I opened the door and stepped in. Several newsies had already returned from Medda's. They were playing cards and smoking. A few drank too.

"Hiya Spot. You gonna play some poker?" a newsies shouted.

"I'm I da King of Brooklyn?" his newsies chuckled. "I'll be down shortly." He headed up the stairs. I hung back a couple seconds before heading up after him. After my ordeal, I was rather tired and just wanted to take a shower and head to bed. I entered my room, turned the light on and began undressing. I walked into the bathroom in my linens and got the water running. Spot walked in in his trousers. I gasped and immediately grabbed a towel to cover up. He splashed some water on his face, grabbed a towel and dried it. He pushed pass me, to hang the towel up. He was so close he nearly knocked me over. What was his problem? Is he mad at me? I sighed before striking up the courage to confront him.

"Are yous ok?" I asked quietly.

"No" he responded in a monotone voice.

"Are yous mad at me?"

"No" I glared at him starting to get annoyed.

"So why are you being such an ass?"

"Excuse me?"

"You've been an ass since the meeting, since you and Jack talked." I shifted my weight to my other foot and looked at the ground.

"Watch your mouth Mys" he growled

"Well you have been!"

"Mys" he raised his voice and inched closer towards me.

"Why?"

"Why, what?"

"Ugh!" I sounded in frustration. "Spot, yous should take your own advice" I said adjusting the towel around me and exiting the bathroom.

"My own advice?" he exclaimed racing after me. "And just what does that mean?" I spun around to face him.

"Yous told me to just be honest with yous and THIS would be a lot easier." He glared at me, clearly annoyed that I used his own medicine on him.

"Fine. Yous want me to be honest?"

"Yes!" I piped up.

"I'm pissed." I was about to ask why when he continued. "I'm pissed that Is had to hold a meeting in the first place. I'm pissed that Is was lied to about yous and I'm beyond pissed about what happened to ya!" My eyes widened at his response. Spot stared directly at me annoyance and anger painted his face.

"Wh... Why?" I whispered as I met Spot's gaze.

"'Cause." He responded, his eyes not leaving me.

"'Cause why?" I persisted as I gripped the towel tighter. My heart beat faster and faster. Spot brushed his fingers through his hair and moved down to rub the back of his neck. He breathed in deep and slowly started walking towards me.

"'Cause." He glared down at me backing me into the wall. "I..."

"Spot, wes dealing out!" as newsie yelled up the stairs. Spot sighed heavily, his breath hitting my face.

"I'll be down!" He turned to yell. His eyes looked down at me again. We looked at each other for a few seconds. "You, stop asking questions and go to bed" Spot demanded backing away from me.

"Spot?" I snapped, not satisfied with my answer.

"Now, Mys" he turned and headed back to his room. Still frustrated, I headed to the bathroom to shower before crawling into bed.

~ Sorry this chapter is a bit short. I'll be writing and posting again soon. Anyway, Spot and Mys's relationship is getting more interesting! Haha just wait until next chapter! 😉 Thanks for reading! ~