Jonathan Pine~ Middle of the Night

Jonathan grits his teeth as you stitch the cut among his back. He holds back his groan as he lays on the medical bed, his arms laying free over the edge, looking down at the floor.

"Sorry!" You shout as he hisses in pain, his head shooting up. He groans lightly, biting back the curse words begging to come out.

"It's fine" he mumbles, lowering his head again. You sigh and continue to stitch the large bleeding cut. It certainly looks painful, you honestly don't understand why Jonathan isn't crying like a child at the moment.

"So... Can I ask what happened?" You slightly mumble. You honestly never know what happens. You just know that you may get a visit from Jonathan in the middle of the night in need of medical attention.

"It's always the same Y/N.. I get a mission, and then I have to kill someone. Of course they never want to die without a fight. So I end up injured majority of the time and luckily, you're always here for me" he says, and sadly you do not see his small smile.

You chuckle lightly, just about finished stitching his back. "Well it's always nice to get a visit every once in a while Jonathan.. But, don't you dare plan on getting hurt in the next 3 weeks. I'm going on vacation next week" you smirk.

"Really? Already? Cuba right?" Jonathan asks, slightly concerned. You hum a yes, seconds away from finishing. Tom shuts his eyes, breathing smoothly. He just wants a nice proper bed to relax in now.

"Done, just need to bandage it up" you smile weakly. You help Jonathan sit up, getting a firm grip on his muscular body. He lets out a grunt, his head dropping dead, his tired eyes can barely stay awake anymore.

It's quiet as you wrap the bandage around him. "Is that it?" Jonathan asks, poking open an eye, looking at you. You nod your head and he lets out a sigh. He slowly gets off the bed with your help.

He reaches for his bloody shirt on the metal tray. "I'll get you another shirt" you chuckle, dropping the shirt back onto the tray. Jonathan lets out a chuckle, leaning against the bed as you exit the room.

You jog to your bedroom, flicking on the light and pulling out a shirt from the bottom of your draw. You nod, knowing that this will fit him and you jog back to your medic room.

"Here" you smile weakly, handing him the shirt. Jonathan grins and slowly slides the shirt over his head. He smiles, it fits him well.

"Is this shirt yours or?" Jonathan smirks, pushing himself off of the bed. Your smile fades and you shake your head.

"Just an ex" you nod.

Jonathan hums and heads to your front door. You trail behind him, watching him pick up his belongings he dropped onto the floor as he first walked in. Jonathan opens the door, a loud creak echoing through your house.

"Thank you for the help Y/N" he smiles, looking at you. You blush lightly, but luckily the dimmed room will not show him the colours of your cheeks.

"No problem Jonathan, just try to stay out of trouble" you giggle, leaning against the door, rubbing your arms from the cold weather from outside.

"But, when I get into trouble.. I get to spend a few hours with you" he smirks, causing you to take in a sharp breath. "I'll return the shirt before you leave, and not in the middle of the night"he says giving you a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving.

You close the door and let out a groan, hitting your head on the door.