Chapter 7

"They're looking for you. The same guy from the alley, the day we met, stopped me on the way back here. I panicked and ran, but he caught me and pushed me against a wall and asked if I had seen you. I told him no. Then he started talking about taking me to be his 'pet.' I was freaking out and tried to hit him between the legs. He got mad, slapped me and choked me," I told him everything with a quiet tone while my eyes stay glued on my hands that rested in my lap as I twiddled my thumbs.

I noticed the tears streaming down my face, but I kept them hidden from Fallon behind my hair.

   The silence was deafening, I was too afraid to look up to see his reaction so I stayed still and kept my eyes down.

   "This is all my fault," he says so quietly, I barely heard him,"I knew I should have left as soon as possible. I am too much trouble."

   He stood up and began pacing. His thoughts portrayed perfectly on his face. He felt guilty and blamed himself for me getting hurt.

   His pace stopped suddenly and I lifted my eyes to his face. I looked to where his gaze laid and he stepped towards the plastic bags.

   He knelt down next the them and began digging through the bags.

   He picked up a few items and limped towards the bathroom, not once looking at me before shutting the door. His face scared me. It held a determined expression. I didn't know what he would do.

  I waited in the tense silence for a few moments as dread began to fill me for an unknown reason.

   Eventually, the door creaked open and Fallon stepping into the living room. The sweatpants were gone and he was wearing pants and a dark green t-shirt.

   "Sage. The only way I can thank you for your generous and selfless actions is to leave you. I can't have you hurt just because you helped me. I won't let it happen," he spoke, determinedlyand limped towards the door.

   "What? No, you can't leave!" I exclaimed, jumping up and grabbing his arm.

   "I have to."

   "No. You don't. Please stay. You're safe here," I begged.

   "But you aren't. Not when I'm here with you," he argued, gently with a sad expression. I knew I wouldn't be able change his mind. His decision was finale.

   "I don't care,"

   "I do. I am not staying. Good bye, Sage. Thank you. For everything," he gave a small smile that did not reach his eyes and he leaning in, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

   I squeezed my arms around his back and leaned my head against his shoulder, not realizing how much I have grown accustomed to him.

   We stayed embraced for I don't even know how long, but neither of us really minded.

   "I have to go now," he said, reluctantly and slowly leaned back. I had tears in my eyes as I looked up to him.

   "Don't cry, Sage," he gave a small smile again and leaned forward to kiss my forehead as he whipped the tears.

   I closed my eyes.

   "Bye," he whispered and pulled away. My hands dropped to my sides as I watched him limp towards the door.

   He reached forward and twisted the knob, slowly opened it.

    "Be safe," I whispered.

   He stopped mid step and looked over his shoulder.

   "I will if you will," he smiled.

   "Okay."

   "Goodbye, Sage."

  "Goodbye, Fallon," my voice cracked as new tears trailed down my face.

Two words that hurt more than anything else.

   The door shut.

   And just like that, he walked right out of my life and I doubt I'd ever see him again.

   With dejected sigh, I slid back down on the couch and laid down facing it.

   I felt the tears slide down my face.

   What were his chances of surviving? I didn't think he had somewhere to stay. Gang members were roaming the streets looking for him just to kill him and I didn't know why. He didn't even have a gun. He was defenseless. How did he even get mixed up with them?

   So many questions filled my mind that I didn't have answers to.

   When did I get so attached to him? It physically hurts that he left. When did the feelings plant themselves in my heart?

   I really liked him and I barely knew him.

   I realized I needed to do what I do best. Bottle them up, shove them deep inside me, ignore them, and hope they went away. I have a lot of practice with that. I wouldn't be able to act on them anyway. He was gone.

   The first step to denial is a nice scorching hot shower.

   Willing myself to my feet, I staggered into the bathroom and found the pink sweatpants folded nicely on the sink counter.

   I slowly touched them as my worry for him increased. Would he be alright?

   I quickly shoved them under the sink so I wouldn't have to look at them. Every time I did, I would be reminded of him.

   Turning the knob, I set it to the hottest possible setting and stayed under the stream for an hour, letting it wash everything away.

I stepped out, dried off, threw on some leggings and a t-shirt, ready for the second step.

Second step is a tub of Rocky Road Ice cream.

I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed the tub out of the freezer and a spoon from the drawer.

Step three. Stupid comedy movie marathon. First up: Space balls.

I slid the disc in the tray, grabbed the remote and jumped on the couch, throwing a fleece blanket over me.

Then I hit play and began my sad night, all alone.

I'm sorry!!!!! I haven't updated in forever. I have such a difficult time because when I actually have free time, I find myself reading instead of writing. It's a addiction I'm trying to beat. Lol

Enjoy.

Sparrow out.