Chapter thirteen

~Sang's POV~

A dog! Her cat practically screeched in outrage inside her mind.

He likes dogs, Sang thought.

A smelly, ball-licking canine from hell! Inside my territory! The feline roared madly.

Sang blushed at the choice of words from her inner cat.

"Something wrong, Cupcake?" Luke's voice reached her before she noticed his presence close to her side.

Her attention had been focused on the hellhound trotting beside her. Hellhounds were dangerous creatures, guardians of powerful objects and followers of the devil himself.

She didn't know what the pup wanted with her family, but she was sure he had been searching for her when he found Kota.

Before she could answer to Luke's question his gaze lowered and met that of the pup.

"Oh, my God!" he exclaimed happily and the pup winced. "A puppy!"

Whether it was from Luke's exuberance or from the mention of the word "God" Sang wasn't sure.

"That is a hellhound, Luke." Sang told him quietly.

Luke's eyes widened before a smile stretched his lips. "Cool!"

Sang watched shocked as Luke practically threw himself at the creature and they both began to roll in the ground, the dog barking enthusiastically while Luke growled playfully.

The last time Sang had seen one of the hounds from hell the creature had been an adult, of the size of a small house, with gigantic canines and a temper to match.

She kept her gaze on the dog as it played with Luke.

"Princess?" Victor had come through the front door and watched the dog warily, the others right at his heels.

"It's going to be okay, Victor. He knows better than to mess with me." She told him.

And it was the pure truth.

"Luke, get up from the floor." Kota commanded.

Luke jumped up like a well-trained dog and his eyes went to Kota for further direction while he kept an easy-going smile on his face.

"I will take care of the dog, Kota." She said, her gaze meeting his for a moment before going back to the dog.

He nodded, "Let's gather in the kitchen, there are a few things we need to discuss." Kota said, looking at Nathan and Luke only.

She understood he only meant to speak with the two boys and snapped her fingers at the dog as she turned around and went straight to the music room, the pup following at her heels.

The sound of footsteps followed after them and she recognized the sound as coming from Victor.

Entering the music room, she glanced briefly at the piano, longing filling her chest at the sight, but she knew that she didn't have the time.

Walking to a small window seat she sat down and focused at the dog that had sat right before her, its tail waggling happily as a canine smile graced its face.

She found herself smiling at the happy creature even while her cat hissed and scratched against the barriers in her mind, begging to be let out so it could chase the dog away.

She held firm and turned to the dog, "What do you seek from me, hound?" she asked quietly, sensing when Victor entered the room, the scent of moss and berries surrounding her as he approached and sat at the piano.