Chapter Three

Ginny's POV

I ducked as another plate went flying by my head. This was ridiculous, I mean first they eat most of Bilbo's food and they make a mess of the room they were in and they are clogging up Bilbo's bathroom. Dwarves really are the worse creatures on this earth, Middle Earth place we're on. And now, they were throwing plates, cups, cutlery and various other things all over the place and they were singing...like full on singing.

"That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!"

Music was playing as the dwarves danced on table and began to throw dishes at one another, trying to clean up some of the mess that they had made, all the while they were singing a song about crockery and things the Bilbo hated. This is...Dwarves are dumb...

I felt sorry for Bilbo, who was ducking and thrashing about as the dwarves kept throwing stuff. Hermione and I were standing next to Gandalf who was just chuckling and smoking his pipe.

"You know, the dwarves in our world Gandalf, are nothing like this. Honestly..." I heard Hermione whisper to Gandalf.

"But Hermione, this is a different world, one you will have to adapt to if we are to find your friend." Gandalf pointed out.

"We know that, but just...I have never met more obscured and well, to be honest, greedy dwarves and look at poor Bilbo. I mean honestly, they've met the poor thing and look at what they doing to his house!" Hermione muttered.

I smiled. "Perhaps would should make a protection society for Bilbo?"

"Are you daft? No..." Hermione snapped. "But we need to do something."

"Perhaps we should restart S.P.E.W again, though this time we would be calling it S.P.H.W...H for the Hobbits..." I teased.

"Ginny..." Hermione warned.

"S.P.E.W., Milady?" Gandalf asked.

Hermione waved her hand. "Oh just a little group I started ages ago."

"Little? You had badges made Hermione...." I muttered. "S.P.E.W stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. Hermione loved the elves and believed they shouldn't be kept as housekeepers. I was merely suggesting that we change the word elfish to Hobbit...don't know why you started that group."

"Because they were working for minimum wages and they were being treated like absolute crap! Like how Bilbo is being treated." Hermione growled.

"Hermione, they love being house workers. If they didn't work, they die or disappear or I don't know. They enjoy being a kept housemaid, it just some of the families treated them like crap." I told her.

"Housekeepers? Elves as housekeepers? I don't imagine you'll find the elves here doing housework." Gandalf remarked.

"But our Elves are small, no bigger than us or the dwarves." I said, looking at him.

"Oh Milady, you'll find the elves here are much more different than the ones you know. And whatever you do, do not mention them in the presence of the dwarves, though I do believe this feud between them has gone on long enough, and really the feud is between them and a particular Elvan King, though all dwarves have a grudge against the elves and vice versa." Gandalf told us.

"But how can anyone have a grudge against elves? Despite our elves being different than the elves of Middle Earth, why would anyone have a grudge against them?" Hermione asked.

"Oh Milady, you will soon see and-" Gandalf ducked as a bowl went flying by his head. We then moved into the dining room, and we stood near the end of the table, watching as the bowls and plates were still flying. The dwarves were still singing and then suddenly, I had noticed that they had stacked up the dishes in a neat pile.