chapter fourteen ;; "twilight"

riley
have you ever heard about the book twilight? where the vampire loves the human and a wolf also loves her so they always fight over her? that's basically my life.

we carried out with james' plan..it didn't end well. but alex is leaving me alone now.

james got hurt pretty badly, but he hurt alex worse.

//i just wanted to say this before i keep going with this chapter. it's getting to the real point of the story now. the other chapters are just getting to know the characters and their back stories and what not but now it'll actually like get to the true meaning of the story and yeah lol\\

now we are just at james' house in his room. i feel pretty awful. this past couple weeks, i've put him through hell and he still wants to defend me? he still want to love me? i don't get it.

"riley?" james said very quiety.

"yeah babe?" i replied as i quickly ran over to him.

"d-do you trust me?"

"of course i do."

"and you know i wouldn't hurt you or cheat on you?"

"yeah i know that..what are you on about?"

"i'm going to collage.."

my heart drops...i know it's his life but i love him and don't want him to leave.. i just don't say anything and go into the bathroom. i look at myself in the mirror, i look like a wreck..but i mean i have all summer with?

i come back into his room and smile, "i want you to go. i trust you."

he smiles and gets up and kisses me..

• • •

a few weeks past and of course our relationship grows stronger. we are going on to the movies tonight, we are going to see some type of movie that he wants. i honestly don't care as long as we cuddle.

we walk into the theatre and meet some of james' friends, they all share their hey's and all go to different movies, i follow james of course.

i move the arm rest between us up and lean over on james, we cuddle together throughout the whole movie. it was perfect.

we had so many perfect moments like this the whole summer..until it was time for james to leave..

"riles, you're still gonna live here and stay in my room okay? i don't want you going back with your parents. and make sure to listen to jason or piper when it comes to certain stuff. also i will be back every second weekend and i'll make sure to be here for special performances/games/dances okay?" james has been going on and on forever..it makes me really sad.

"o-okay.." i try to smile.

he just comes and hugs me, "james! we got to get you going!" he dad yells.

oh...i've been dreading this.

"i love you james," i say with a tear coming from my eye.

"i love you too, baby girl," and with that he kisses my cheek and is gone.

i don't know what i'm going to do at school honestly. james was always there for me now i feel like i have no one.

school starts tomorrow and i'm really scared. i don't want things to go horribly.

• • •

after my shower i blow dry my hair then curl it. i throw on a crop top that james had bought me during the summertime and then high waisted shorts with just regular converse. i wasn't really trying to impress anyone.

i walk into school for the first time without james by my side, it feels weird and scary. i can feel the people judging me..

all of a sudden someone pushes me against the locker and laughs then yells, "slut!" and walks away.

"oh my gosh are you alright!" a guy yells as he comes over and helps me up.

"i'll be fine thank you," i pick up my backpack and look at him. he looks like he's really really young.

"you sure?" his voice is also really really high pitched, "you got a boyfriend?" i just nod. if i talk i'm literally going to burst out laughing because of his voice, "no need to worry love, i'm gay."

makes sense.

"o-oh okay, i'm riley," i hold my hand out.

"dylan," he shakes my hand and smiles, "anyways, are you sure you're alright? you seem a little like lost in your mind."

"i'll be fine," and with that i walk away and begin the start of the worst day ever.

i guess since i'm still dating james the girls still hate me..and without him at my side what's there for them to lose? during lunch someone punched my stomach so i almost spill everything, then right after lunch a bunch of buff girls take me to the bathroom and force me to throw up, next i got beat up in the hallway by, you guessed it, more girls, and finally on the bus someone started a roomer about me that i was pregnant. you think this day couldn't get worse? i think it could.

"hello sweetie," the sweet bus driver said as i get on in the afternoon.

"hey brenda," i go and sit down in the back. it's where me and james always sat.

"get up," some random guy demanded. i pretended i didn't hear him, "get up now before i call james and tell him that we had really really good sex."

i got up and then before i walked away he handed me a container filled with something, "you'll need this by the end of the week."

i just go and sit up at the front. i open the container and it has pills in it? why would i need those..ohh never mind..but do they really think i'm not strong enough to get through this everyday? but do you really think you aren't strong enough to get through this?

you know maybe they're all right? maybe i am a-a slut and maybe i should throw up more often or take pills. i don't even know anymore.

never mind. it's the first day. everyone tries to be someone else on the first day, right?

nope. weeks past and everyday i constantly go through this. i hate my life so much at this point and james hasn't even called me or let alone texted me. i'm just done.

i need him, i want him and i just want him to be here telling me i'm gonna be okay.