Chapter Two.

As soon as I slipped on my clothes, I walked downstairs to the dining hall.

Georgyana was at the kitchen counter setting up two plates. I went up to her and helped her lay the table. Since it was just the both of us, we always ate in the kitchen, it was easier this way.

We ate her delicious lasagne almost silently. It wasn't an awkward silence it was the silence in which we could talk because we were to busy on savouring the food on our plates.

As I was about to take a second helping of lasagne, Georgy spoke.

"Mr.Triumph called last night, he told me to prepare for the arrival of you and Mr.Zeus. He didn't tell me the exact date and time, but he said that it would be sometime soon," she spoke softly.

My hunger instantly faded. Zephyr's father was still under the illusion that me and his son were vacationing for our honeymoon.

I felt sick as my stomach churned. I had the sudden urge of vomiting now as Zephyr's ruthless replayed in my head. The sight and scent of Georgyana's delicious lasagne that had made my mouth water just a while ago had now made me nauseated.

I got up and walked away from the kitchen. I needed some air.

A few minutes later, Georgy came to me with a glass of lemon juice as I once again stood in my balcony. I observed those bulbous, fluffy and white clouds that leisurely moved with the wind. It was such a peaceful sight, an exact opposite of what was running through me.

"Dear, I'm sorry to interrupt your eating earlier. I should have waited for you to eat at least but I was scared I would have forgotten. Old age is getting to me you know," she said as I sipped on my juice.

"Thank you. That was... soothing," I said handing her the glass.

"It's alright, Georgy. It isn't your fault. I needed to face this news sooner or later," I spoke softly.

"Evane, I'm planning on making some muffins. Would you like to help me out?" she asked being all cheery.

She had never failed to keep entertained or at least company while he was gone.

"Sure,"I said as I followed her down.

Anything to get my mind of those horrific thoughts in my head.

My stay at Zeus Mansion so far had revolved around Georgyana and her cooking. She had taught me all about cooking right from the basics.  I also learnt a few household things from her.

●○•○●•○●•○●•○●•○●•○●

As I was eating the delicious Irish Muffins, the fact that I would be alone this weekend dawned on me.

"Dear, are you alright? Do the muffins taste bad?" she asked in full concern.

"Oh no no. I was just thinking about the fact that I would have to be alone this weekend. It will be the first time that I would have to stay all alone here in this huge, expanse, hollow and meaningless space," I sighed.

"Aww. Evane, I wish I could stay with you or bring you along with me back home but Mr.Triumph wouldn't permit of that. I'll try to come as soon as Grover's birthday is over," she said as she gave a comforting reassuring squeeze on my shoulder and continued maneuvering around the kitchen.

Grover was her only grandson. She often shared her family's stories with me.

Before I knew it, it was already 5p.m. and she had to leave.

"I have prepared some food for you and kept it in the freezer. Please make sure to eat on time," she said as she hugged me.

"I'll try. Wish Grover happy birthday on my behalf and you take care," I said and then I stood by the door as I saw her walking out of the gates.