prologue

It was ready.

It was finally ready.

He could feel it. Zarkon leaned forward in his throne as he basked in the pleasant news. His clawed finger stroked his chin eagerly as he waited for the words to come out of Haggar's mouth for reassurance.

"The preparations are finished," She said as she knelt down before him. Her voice croaked as she spoke. "Elysian is finally complete." The essence of dark magic filled the room simply from her presence. However, it had no effect on the ruler of the Galra Empire.

Zarkon smirked at his accomplice. "I've been waiting for millennia. All for this." His fingers tapped against the armrests of his throne impatiently. After all this time, after all he had to go through, his dream was done. He could win the fight and finish it once and for all. "Voltron will finally be destroyed, and it would all play out in the palm of my hand thanks to it!"

His words dripped with venom every time he spoke of his enemy's name. The only being in the universe that could destroy him and his tyranny was controlled by a measly group of humans. It was an embarrassment to his name; if Zarkon was to be on equal terms as humans, who would fear him?

"Is the pilot ready?" He shook the thought from his mind and stood up from his seat. His hands clenched into tightly knitted fists as he was ready to obliterate anyone standing in his path. "We do not have much time before the Paladins regroup after that poor excuse of a spell you cast on their portal." He held up a fist in the air and the witch took a step back automatically.

"I-I apologize yet again, my lord," Even with her terrifying powers, Haggar was nothing but a tiny fly in comparison to Zarkon. She knew this for certain; she had all but nothing to fear. Haggar got up from her knees to strengthen her point. "But yes. She is ready. I believe her training is finally complete."

A grin of satisfaction grew on Zarkon's face. His fangs bared through his smile. The blood that ran through his veins pulsed. "Excellent. We can strike them individually when we learn of their whereabouts. They won't be able to form Voltron if they aren't together."

A sigh escaped from Haggar, knowing that she had just barely escaped his wrath yet again. After ten thousand years, it's no wonder that his frustration would be piling up.

"Her team is ready back on our base. They will be able to guide her through if she forgets her protocol." Haggar laced her gnarly fingers together. "However, I highly doubt that will happen. She has been taught for quite some time. It would take a miracle for her to be veered off course. Voltron will not stand a chance."

"I have heard those words before, dear friend," Zarkon snarled. "And you were very successful with your last attempt, weren't you?" Haggar hung her head low in shame. "No matter," He brushed his words aside with a swipe of his hand. "It is good that this has been development for all this time. Otherwise..." His words trailed off, not wanting to say what he was thinking.

Otherwise, Voltron would have a chance at defeating him.

The four puny humans couldn't stand a chance, but the escapee... How could Zarkon not have kept a more careful eye on him?

No matter now; he finally had the triumph card in his hand. Zarkon got up from his throne one final time. His order was absolute.

"Prepare the girl. This war will finally end in my victory."

---
yep.

hope you enjoyed it.