CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN

Start from the beginning

All growingly intamite movements ceased between Ashton and I as my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I disconnected our lips, backing up and reaching into my pocket. "Always the worst times." Ashton groaned with a laugh. I was relieved it was only a text, and I figured it was from Natalie or something. But, I was shocked to see it was from my mother.

"Hey, where are you?" She had sent.

"I'm gonna be spending the night at Natalie's tonight. I'll be home tomorrow." I lied. I'm not entirely sure how she would feel if I told her I was spending the night with Ashton.

"No, come home. You've been gone for a while." She replied.

My heart instantly sank. I don't want to fucking go home, are you kidding me? Even though I've been gone like, 2 days in a row, I would much rather stay here with Ashton. I stood there, motionless and wondering what the hell I say back to that. I didn't actually know, honestly.

Which got my mind thinking back to what it was thinking about for so many hours today: Ashton. Not just Ashton in general, but everything Michael told me about him. I know I shouldn't worry about Ashton, like Michael said, but I couldn't help myself. Honestly, as I stood there, I wondered what Ashton would say if I said I had to leave. Would he be okay with it like he usually is, or...?

"Who is it?" Ashton asked.

"Erm, it's my mom," I replied. "She wants me home."

The look on Ashton's face as the words left my mouth completely surprised me. That look of complete fear and sadness flashed through his eyes, and no longer did they sparkle. I could see his muscles tense up, and his mouth was now slightly agape. "W-what?" He asked. His voice was quite, and it was almost as if he was breathing out the words instead of physically talking.

This was weird. This was very, very weird. And I had an even weirder feeling about it all.

"No no no, you can't go-" Ashton said, his eyebrows furrowing together. I made no hesitation to walk up to him, wrap my arms back around his mid section, and shake my head no as I burried my face into his neck. I felt Ashton's arms slowly come around me, and they seemed to tuck around me with such gentle force. I moved my head back so I could look at him, and my heart sank even more. The look on his face was something I've only seen a couple other times. His eyes were blank, but they told me so many things all at once:

Please, you can't go.

I can't just be here with out you.

I really need you right now.

Need me for what, though?

"Ashton," I said softly. I put my hand up and soflty ran it over his cheek, then up to his hair to ruffle it up a bit. "I'm not going." I said.

"I just need you, one more night." He said, his voice still a little shaky. This was so odd to me. Why was he being like this all a sudden?

"I know, I know," I said softly, pulling him closer to me to continue our embrace. I let go after a couple moments of a relaxed silence, and pulled out my phone.

"What are you gonna do?" Ashton asked. I unlocked my phone, sent the word "no" to my mom, and shut the whole device off. I tossed it onto the counter, and looked over to Ashton. I put on a fake-sinister smile, and he just raised his eyebrows at me.

"Wow Brooke," he said. Relief flooded over me as his voice was back to normal, and he had that familiar smile on his face. "You're so badass."

I laughed, kissed his lips once more, and wrapped his hands in mine. "We're watching Titanic again, yeah?" I asked.