CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Hey, wanna go inside this bookstore?" I asked sweetly. I looked over to Ashton, and already he had that huge smile on his face. Eye squinted and dimples out, it made my heart instantly over fill with joy.

"Yes!" He cheered, putting his car in park and hopping out, I did the same, and I let out an excited gasp Ashton grabbed me by the hand, pulling me to the enterance with both of us laughing.

"My people." Ashton said as we walked in. I was taken back by the numerous shelves and sections of books this store actually had. It looked small from the outisde, but inside it was huge. I looked over to Ashton and I couldn't help but laugh at how adorably overwhelmed he looked. I walked over to the first shelf I could see, and my eyes grazed along the titles that stuck out to me. Shit, so many good books.

"Let's play a game," I said as Ashton came up, gently resting his hand on the small of my back. "Name every book on this shelf that you've read."

"Hm," Ashton replied. "Well, there was 'The Prince of Tides', 'Peace Like a River', 'American Gods', 'The Giver', 'Memories of Geisha', 'The Poison Moon Bible', 'The Rainmaker', and 'The Glass Castle-'"

"You read 'The Glass Castle'?" I asked.

"God yes," Ashton replied, a sudden burst of adrenaline seemed to rush through him. "Isn't it amazing?"

"Well..." my voice trailed off. I actually haven't read it. "...I wouldn't know."

"No."

"What?"

"Brooke!" Ashton said, giving me a playful shove. "How have you not read it?"

"I don't know!" I replied, giving a little shove back. "Is it really that good?"

"Yes! Oh my god," He said, pulling the book off the shelf. "It's literally one of my favorite books. Apart from good ol' Mr. Gatsby, this story is amazing!"

"Would you like me to read it?" I asked. Ashton nodded, his eyes wide with excitement. "Yes you have to!" He replied.

"Alright alright!" I laughed. I wonder what makes Ashton love it so much. "What's it about?"

Ashton handed me the book, and I carefully read every line that was printed in summary on the back.

"So basically the girl has fucked up parents and childhood?" I asked. Ashton nodded, and I guess I just found the answer as to why Ashton seems to like it. A personal connection I'll never have.

"Okay Ash," I smiled. "I'll read it."

"Hooray!" Ashton cheered, smiling a sincere smile. I pecked his lips softly, wrapping my fingers around his as we went to the cashier to pay for it.

...

We walked into Ashton's apartment, and I guessed his grandmother was still working becuase it was empty. I followed Ashton in as he tossed the keys onto the counter, slumping his back against it and looking at me. His eyes traveled from the top of my head to the book I held in my hands.

"Geeze, you really want me to read this!" I laughed.

"Well duh," Ashton chuckled. "It's a boss ass story."

"Boss ass story?" I giggled, placing the book on the counter. "Its new terminology." Ashton said sarcastically. I raised my eyebrows in amusement at him, and he just smirked at me. I came up to him, laying my front side to his and looking up at him. Our lips met as he leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to my mouth, and a little bit to the side of it after. I wrapped my arms around his torso, lapping my tongue over his bottom lip. I felt Ashton's mouth curl into a devilish smile as his hands ran down my back-