Chapter 1

Kim's POV

*buzz buzz buzz*
That was the sound of my alarm on my phone vigorously shaking my awake. It was 5:30am and all I wanted was to go back to sleep, but since it was Thursday I had to get up and start getting ready for school if I wanted to look somewhat decent for Jack Bre- I mean school. Ugh school! Don't get me wrong, I love school! I just wish it was less stressful. Ever since I started 10th grade I've been nothing but stressed! It's one project to another one to a huge test to a presentation, which are by far the worst! I hate presentations! But it seems like that's all I've been doing lately. Presenting isn't bad at all in my history class but when I have to present in French I mentally freak out. Okay so maybe I have a tiny crush on Jack, but he barely knows I exist so what's the point. I've always wanted to be carefree and a dare devil but I can't, thats just not who i am. I always freak out when I have to talk in front of a group of people even if its just a few. The only people I feel truly comfortable around are my friends, their families, and my family! I honestly hate being in the spotlight which is probably why I try so hard to stay unnoticed, it's just easier without everyone knowing who you are.
Okay so back to the getting out of bed and getting ready for school thing. I slowly took off my nice warm blankets that were laying on top of me and stood up. I walked over to my closet and choose my semi-dark blue jeans and a pullover turquoise hoodie. I heated up my curling iron and gave my hair neat medium curls and then headed down stairs.
As I was approaching the kitchen I heard my 7 almost 8 year old brother talking to my dad. When I entered the kitchen I sat down in my spot and my brother served me 2 huge pancakes. "Thanks chuckie" I said as I smiled at him. "Anything for kimmy!" He chirped back. Chuckie is the only person allowed to call my Kimmy. My mom soon walked into the kitchen and grabbed some cereal. "C'mon chuckie, Kim. Don't wanna be late for school! Again.." My mom said as she finished her cereal. We gathered our stuff we would need for the day and said goodbye to our dad. In the car I sat in the passenger seat while chuckie sat in the back. Everyday after our mom drops us off at school, me at Seaford High and Chuckie at Seaford Elementary, she goes to work at her little office in the town of Seaford. My mom is a children dentist and my dads a psychologist for children (the children come to our house), which is why he stays home while the rest of us leave in the morning.
As we pulled up to Seaford Elementary chuckie kissed mom on the cheek and said goodbye (like everyday), I walked chuckie into the school to his classroom just to make sure he got there safe, I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to him. When I came back to my moms car she drove me to my school. I kissed her on the cheek, just like charlie did, and told her I loved her as I headed out. This is how my familys' morning is everyday and I wouldn't change it for anything.