Chapter 8

~sorry it's kinda short but writers block I guess.~

Over the next two days, Amber told me about the Crimson Eclipse pack.
            "My pack came into contact with the Crimson Eclipse a couple of times, and we learned that they're dangerous fighters and very violent. They dominate all the packs in the area, and if a werewolf tried to go against them, they will not hesitate to obliterate that werewolf. My pack tried to avoid the Crimson Eclipse at all costs. They are most violet towards vampires. I saw what they've done to vampires. It was enough to make a werewolf feel sympathy for them," Amber explained.
            That didn't sound pleasant to me. "How can we fight them?"
            "Did your cousins receive any training like you did?"
            I shook my head sadly. "No. Their parents forbid them from learning how to fight. They were protected by the coven from the outer world."
            "If they don't know how to defend themselves, they're going to be destroyed in an instant," Amber said dead flat.
            I sighed. "I know. I probably won't survive this attack myself."
            "We have to try to fight them, even if the stakes are high."
            I nodded. "I'll get them up, and we'll start training for the fight."
            For the remainder of the day, Amber showed us different fighting styles and attacks that we could use in the fight against the Crimson Eclipse. I was grateful that Eli and Bianca were taking this seriously and were focused throughout the day. They understood that this was a life-or-death situation.
            At the end of the day, Amber and I were almost convinced that Bianca and Eli could somehow survive, but we would need a miracle to do so.
            Before my cousins went to bed, they asked me questions about what was going to happen. I was kind of reluctant to tell them that a powerful pack of werewolves were coming to destroy us all, but they insisted I tell them what was going on.
            "Eva, what's going on?" Eli wondered.
            "And why were there other wolves here?" Bianca added.
            "Those wolves are from another pack. They came to see if the Moonstone Pack really is gone, and while they were here, they found out about us. They told Amber to get rid of us or fight them, but because Amber trusts us, we're going to fight them soon," I explained.
            Bianca's eyes widened in horror. "What are we going to do? We can't fight? We don't have the training that you have!"
            "You have some training. What we did today was training for the fight," I assured them. I glanced at the clock in the bedroom and sighed. "You two better get some sleep. We'll talk about this tomorrow." I stepped out of the bedroom and turned off the light before closing the door. "Good night."