Chapter 6

~suh guys! Sorry it took so long but here yea go!~

During dinner, Amber and I heard a knock on the door. I got up and went over to answer it, curious as to who it could be. Amber got up and followed me.
I gasped as I opened the door to reveal Bianca and Eli standing in the doorway with a black bag slung over each of their shoulders. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things, but sure enough, there they were.
Amber studied my cousins with contempt. Her eyes shifted from green to yellow. She pulled me aside out of earshot and whispered, "You brought more vampires here, Eva? You said that you took care of them when you first left the coven!"
"I did take care of the vampires who followed me," I replied. "I—I—"
"Why are you betraying me? I thought we were friends! I trusted you!" Amber interrupted.
I took a deep breath to calm myself down. "Listen, Amber. I'm not betraying you. I didn't intentionally lead them here. I promise." I looked at Bianca and Eli. "As for you two, what are you doing here?"
"We left the coven and followed your scent," Bianca explained.
"We want to be with you, Eva. We don't want to be in the coven," Eli said.
"Why? Leaving the coven is a huge offense! You two would've been killed if you had been caught," I chided them.
Amber quickly stuck her head out of the door and sniffed the air. She let out a sigh of relief. "Good. You two weren't followed." Her eyes changed back to green.
"So can they stay?" I asked. "I assure you they won't cause any trouble or hurt you."
She looked at the two of them warily and sighed. "Alright. They can stay, but if I catch one of them trying anything, both of them and you are out!"
I nodded, slightly intimidated but relieved, nevertheless. "Thank you, Amber."
She gave my cousins a look, obviously warning them, before returning to the table to finish dinner.
Eli eyed Amber nervously. "Why were her eyes changing colors?"
"Who is she? And why does she smell like a wolf?" Bianca wondered quietly.
"Her name's Amber, and she's a friend. Her eyes were changing and smells like a wolf because she's a werewolf. The only survivor of the Moonstone Pack, the one my father slaughtered. Be nice to her, and behave yourselves. She's letting you stay here," I explained.
They nodded quickly. I knew they understood, they never wanted to make me angry or disappoint me. They followed me to the table, almost clinging to my side.
"Did you two eat anything since you left?" Amber asked.
Bianca shook her head. "No. The last time we ate was lunch, which was about five or six hours ago."
"We have some extra blood bags from a deer," I said as I opened the refrigerator. "It's not human blood, but it's something."
They looked at each other for a second and then shrugged. They came over to me and took some of the blood that I had poured into two cups.
"Why not? It can't be as bad as Mom and Dad say it is," Bianca said.
"Yeah. Being a vegan can't be that bad," Eli agreed.
I pretended I didn't hear that. I'd been a vegan vampire for basically my whole entire second life. I didn't like hearing that their parents told them that being a vegan was bad and that animal blood was inferior to human blood.
My cousins took a sip of the deer blood and seemed to like it. Even if they didn't like it, they would have to get used to it because I wasn't going to hunt down humans for their blood to feed them. I knew that Amber sure wouldn't hunt humans down either. After all, werewolves protected humans.
After dinner, Amber and I helped Bianca and Eli get settled down. We found them sleeping bags and got their clothes unpacked. Amber kept an eye on them the whole entire time.
After the two of them got into their sleeping bags, Eli asked me what would happen if other vampires came looking for them.
I looked squarely at him. "If vampires come looking for you, I'll do anything to protect you two."
He looked troubled by my answer. "You mean you would die for us if it means that we'll be safe?"
I nodded. "We may not be part of the coven, but we are still family, Eli." With that, I turned off the lights, so he could sleep. "Sweet dreams, Eli."