Chapter 13 - Responses

Adam sat down at his desk in the office and started to go through the emails. For ever one he kept, there was ten he replied, quickly to. Some were just "I want to be a wolf!" Or "I don't care what conditions, let me be a wolf!" Those got a quick no. There were several that he shook his head at. One was from a person that had told him he wasn't welcome at a monthly event. Pulling up the original message, as it had hurt how they had done it suddenly, and without warning. He hadn't done anything then but now he could get his revenge, Twenty years later you try to apologise for how you treated me, now that I have something you want. Well, it is too little, too late. Using the original message, he worked it to be similar and had the same tone, before hitting send.

By the end of the first pass, there was twelve, out of over a thousand. Adam shook his head sadly, "Basically everyone I had personal contact with from the time I was eighteen till Brook found me contacted me. Out of them, only these twelve actually wrote me, rather than just begging for a hand out."

Reading each of the letters, many had comments about how they had tried to reconnect, but his accounts were gone. Adam had actually done that intentionally over the first few years, first the forums, then other sites, then the e-mail accounts themselves were shut down.

Two just wanted to rekindle their friendship, and one wondered if he still had contact with Mark, as he had done a similar thing. That one, he forwarded to Mark; if Mark wanted to reconnect, he could. His reply was general, and stated how busy he was, but would be willing to trade emails time to time. He didn't say anything about Mark, as he was still hidden.

The rest, while telling him how they were doing, did ask for details on being turned, instead of begging for it. Adam smiled at those, and wrote general messages that didn't tell the specifics beyond what had been given out, and the fact they were not doing any turns if they didn't join the pack first, and the first steps they would have to agree to, which were up on their website, and added the link to the specific page they had made. It was intentionally really hard for them to join, as he didn't want many attempting it, but was written in a way that if someone was poor would still be able to complete it with some work.

Willow hadn't had a chance to get through cleaning up his email, as he had her doing much more important tasks right now. She was working to try to coordinate with other packs what they were releasing and when.

The list of messages that were remaining was growing every second. There were about three hate mails to every other message, including spam. Those he started laughing at the way they were written. Before getting bored, and just marking those senders as haters, so that their addresses were added to a public black-list on the WereNet. As he was doing that, other messages were disappearing, as others that were on the list were flagging them, and the messages were removed from everyone's mailbox that used the filter.

The system that he had built also kept a log of the messages associated, so if there was a challenge, there was a record of them and why they were on the blacklist. If someone wanted off it, an apology message would have to be personally written to each person that got a hate message or proof that it wasn't them.

Spam was dealt with, but the virus ones were put into a system, and were going to be investigated, and the Weres would deal with the servers personally. "One good thing about coming out," Adam told the others, "We have access through Mark's contacts into Russia, where many of the people that profit from this are hiding, so we can take them out."

Lea laughed, "I think if you do, the humans will be quite happy with that!"

There was also a massive list of media messages. Putting them in a folder, he set them aside, and finally he was done. Brook was still working through hers, "Time for bed, we can try to get more done tomorrow." The others had left already for bed, as it was getting late.