Chapter 5

"Shhh! Someone will hear!" The man says, clamping a hand over my mouth, which only makes me scream even louder and chomp down hard on his finger.

He drew his hand back and I bolted for the bedroom door only to trip over a pizza box and slam my shoulder into the ground.

"I don't want to hurt you, I swear." The man's voice sounds oddly familiar, but I'm too frazzled to place it.

I whip around and see him standing over me, offering a dark hand.

I crawl back on my hands, fear capturing my body. "Then what do you want! What are you doing in here!"

He looked confused, like I was saying things in a different language. "Wait, you don't know who I am?"

"No!" I scream, hoping someone hears me because at the moment I was in a very vulnerable position. "You're just a crazy guy that almost walked in on me changing!"

"I'm so sorry, miss." He says genuinely, offering a hand. "A lady like you should never be treated the way I treated you tonight."

I reluctantly take his hand as he helps me to my feet. "A lady like me?"

Now that I was almost at eye level with him, spare the few inches he had on me, I could see that he was actually kind of handsome with his chocolate mousse hair and tawny eyes, not to mention a jawline sharper than a sword. I still felt like I knew him, but couldn't place it.

He scanned me, a smirk twitching onto his thin lips. "Such a beautiful girl at such a high class party."

Was this guy really hitting on me?! Some nerve he had. I would've slapped him if I didn't agree that I looked hot, but the truth is that I did.

I cross my arms. "So if I was anyone else it wouldn't matter?" I stick my nose up in the air, marching haughtily towards the balcony door.

"No," He follows after me. "I didn't mean it like that but... yeah I guess I kind of did."

I roll my eyes, opening the doors and walking out into the balmy night, the hum of party guests below muffling the sound of my deafening heartbeat. I don't know if I was still recovering from being scared so bad, or if I was just so flattered that his compliment. "Jerk." I muttered.

I didn't realize that he had followed me out onto the balcony and heard me. "I'm not, ok? I'm just telling the truth."

I turn to look at him, my chin snobbily poised over my shoulder. "I appreciate the truth, but it doesn't exempt you from having crooked beliefs."

"How are they crooked exactly?" He leans on the balcony rail, the smirk still ever present on his chiseled face.

Was it just me or was it getting hot outside? "Treating people differently because of how they're viewed. It's wrong and hurts."

"Tell me about it." He mutters, looking out at the night. "Listen, I didn't mean to offend you, but right now, I'm going to judge you because I need help."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He looked back over at me and sighed, a smile threatening his lips. "I could use a favor from a wealthy girl like you."

I laughed. "Oh god, I'm not-"

"I know you don't control your family's funds, but I mean, it can't be too hard for you to get money easily, right? I know, it's a lot to ask especially because I don't know you, but do a guy a favor?"

I was speechless. This guy thought I was rich and was asking me for money. I almost laughed. I guess appearance does do a lot. "Why me? There are so many more rich people down there who would probably be more than willing to help you." From the looks of his silk suit, I could tell that he had money, but my guess was he probably got cut off or something, and someone down there would understand and take him under their wing.

"Look, there are a lot of reasons why I can't do that, and it's too long of story to explain. I just need some quick, under the table cash, please." He looked so desperate, which only made me wonder how he had gotten himself in this position.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could help you but I can't. I'm not the person you think I am-"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought you were just one to throw around cash to random strangers, I don't think that I swear," He took a step closer and took my hands in his, making me flinch at the comfortable warmth of his smooth, dry hands. "But," The smirk crawled back onto his face as he tucked a stray strand of wavy pitch hair behind my ear. "Maybe we don't have to be strangers."

I saw his next move coming before he even blinked. I could've pulled back, slapped him, and ran away, but for some reason, I let it happen.

I let him kiss me.

****

Sorry I've been on kind of a hiatus for a while :P

Writing has been a luxury for me to get to lately with school and drama and my lack of motivation so thank you for sticking by me!!!

Now that exams are over I should have more time to write hoping that no unexpected obstacles come up. I already have a pretty good start on Chapter 6 so hopefully I can have that out to you within the next ten days!

With that said, I PROMISE CROSS MY HEART HOPE TO DIE that I will have Chapter 6 out by Wednesday if I get four new (I only have two voters right now LOL) votes on my story Fatal Attractions. If you guys haven't checked it out yet DO IT!!! I really think this is my best work yet and hope to maybe enter it into the Wattys? So please give me feedback I need you guys!

I love you guys so so so much you don't even know!

Cash me ousside,

-RavenclawMaven1198