Chapter Four: Tutors

Start from the beginning

Just when I thought I was done dealing with everyone's crap for the day, I remembered that Cameron still hadn't told me when to meet up. I shoved through the people in the hallways in attempt to find him again. The sea of teenagers was to thick for me to find anyone.

Suddenly, the girls bathroom door swung open and I was pulled inside. The cold fingers that were wrapped around my arm belonged to the one and only Danielle. I rolled my eyes at her antics and crossed my arms over my ribs while I waited for her to say something. Her face was red from anger as she tried to spill her guts.

"Stay away from Cameron!" Was all she could squeal at me before stomping out into the still crowded hallway. An involuntary smile formed on my lips. Danielle wouldn't do anything to me. She wouldn't try... Unless I pushed her to far. I've seen her fight with other girls. It was never pretty. So, I'm going to have to avoid Cameron unless we're in tutoring. That's just it, I can't stay out of drama unless I stay out of tutoring him. 

Knowing what I need to do and fully aware that I'd be late for my next class, I rushed back to Mrs. Foster's room and found her sitting where she was when I left. She lowered her book when she noticed my presence and took her glasses off her face, gently putting them on her desk. 

"What is it, Miss Belle?" She asked me. I walked over to her desk and stood there for a moment, contemplating in my mind what exactly to say. 
"I can't tutor Cameron, Mrs. Foster. I have... uh... family stuff to deal with." I tried to say it without any hesitation, but I could tell she knew I was lying. 
"Tell you what, If you tutor Mr. Bridges, I'll write an excellent report on you for your college. Any college you'd like. I know that it's only your junior year, but why not start early?" Her words sunk in. I really could use a good recommendation. I could definitley deal with the drama of Danielle for that. Mrs. Foster noticed the hesitation on my face, "Hun," she began sweetly, "Cameron is really struggling. You're the only would I -even his mother- would trust. Could you do this for him?" She was almost pleading. I sighed heavily. 

"Of course. Do I still get the recommendation?" I asked hopefully. Mrs. Foster's face brightened as she nodded, a wide grin stretching across her lips and reaching her eyes. I smiled and left the room quickly so I wouldn't be late for my next class. 

Cameron's POV

"There's always someone who wants you," Sophia spat before she walked out of the closet. I huffed like a little kid would after not getting what he wants. 

It's kind of like I wasn't, though. If Sophia finds out, or worse, anyone else finds out, then I'm not going to be the same. It could effect everything i've worked for. With my grades falling faster than a free-fall, I won't be able to keep my basketball scholarship I was practically promised to this year. With my little secret or whatever you want to call it out, people would do on me. At least, that's what I feel like would happen. Even if it wouldn't, I feel better having it locked inside my head and my head only. 

Only, who knows who could figure it out. Sophia's a smart girl, I'm going to really have to cover it up around her. 

I shoved hastily through the crowd of students to get to my next class, gym. It was my favorite class for sure. It didn't involve reading or anything to make me use my mind. I could just run and play basketball. 

I walked inside the gym doors only to run into Adam. He turned to meet me and gave me a manly handshake. OK, maybe not as manly as you'd think, but it was for us. I smiled at Adam.

"The game for tomorrow was cancelled. Apparently there was a bad snow storm in that county and they cancelled it." He explained. I sighed heavily, I was really looking forward to that game. The Sea Hawks are like our natural born enemies. My dad even talks about how he used to play against them. They were a tough team with mad skills. Nothing we couldn't handle though. 

"When's practice?" I asked Adam. He tapped his chin as if he was thinking and finally replied, "Oh! It's Friday." I rolled my eyes at his dumbness and walked into the boys locker room. Coach Fawley walked past me and nodded before yelling to the rest of us, "We're doing drills so I expect everyone to work their hardest!" He went out of the room  and everyone grumbled under their breath. 

Heh, this should be fun. 

*

I entered through the front door of our tall and well built house to find my mom crawling around on the floor. Yes, crawling. I cleared my throat so she would realize I was there and so she wouldn't make to much of a fool of herself. I stifled a laugh before she saw me and nearly had a heart attack. She quickly got up off her hands and knees and brushed herself off. 

"When did you get here?" She attempted to change the subject. I chuckled, "Oh, just long enough to see you crawling on the floor..." 

She hit my shoulder and laughed along with me, "I lost my earring." Was her excuse. I nodded in a "Yeah, OK." way and threw my bag down on the kitchen table. 

"So, how was school?" My mom asked from inside the kitchen. I knew exactly what she wanted to know. Did I get a tutor? As you wish mother dear. I sighed and sat down at the table. 

"Yeah, mom. I got a tutor." I said, the word tutor creeping me out a little bit. I don't want to think of Sophia as tutor. let alone a friend... 

Did I mean that? Do I want Sophia as a friend? She always seems to be alone, but I assumed that I caught her in the times that her friends were somewhere else. She seems to always be helping with the school in the way, for instance, tutoring me. Obviously she's smart. Or else why would Mrs. Foster put her as my tutor?

"Hello? Cam?" My mom waved a hand in front of my face and knocked me out of my trance. I cleared my throat and looked up at her. She smiled, showing the small wrinkles around the corners of her mouth. She had always told me they were laughing marks from her laughing all the time when she was younger. She's always had a good spirit and I loved that about her.

"What?" I asked her. She went back into the kitchen to make dinner and began talking to me again about how tutoring was going to be so good for me. 

Me, being the teenager I was, rolled my eyes and went upstairs to start on unwanted homework. Homework gives me headaches, and I'm serious. I always manage to get one no matter what. 

____________________

Holy crap guys. I had horrible writers block for the last part of this chapter. I know it really sucks but I needed to fill it in quickly. The next chapters are going to be so much better I hope!

Vote/Fan/Smile!