Chapter 7 : Cheater Cheater

I awake feeling like death, my throat is throbbing, my stomach is on fire, and my head is pounding. I lie there, and listen to the thrum of my head, I feel the air sweep lightly across my face, I bask in the sun that is splaying out my window. The sun shines in my eyes and I squint, but I don’t dare move.

With one last huff, I gingerly rise out of bed. I groan as the world around me spins, once my vision is clear again, I tip toe to my door, before opening I put my ear to the door, outside I hear laughter, I hear Remy giggle at something Cara says, then I hear Lexi return with a smart remark that makes all three girls bellow with laughter. A small smile lights my face and I shake my head. I slowly open my door and carefully go down the hallway, as I go I smooth down my tousled hair and wipe away any stray makeup.

“Hey sleepyhead!” Remy says with a smile.

“Hey guys.” I say as I flop on the couch.

The girls and I discuss what the plans are for today, “Well,” Cara says, “I was actually hoping we could go out, all of us,” Cara makes a point to look directly at me, “we haven’t actually gone out as a whole group yet. There’s a bon fire at my friends house tonight, and I think we should go.”

I smile and nod my head, “Yeah totally, we should go.”

I try to be convincing and see that I’ve pulled it off. I hear Remy’s phone go off in the kitchen, “I’ll get it for you.” I say.

 I hop up and grab her phone off the table, I pick up the phone and click talk, before I can even answer though, a deep male voice comes through the phone, “Hey babe, did you make it home okay? I was worried about you after last night; it was pretty amazing, huh?” I freeze, totally caught off guard by the deep male voice that is definitely not Manny’s. “Who is this?” I answer back quietly. Then I hear a click, followed by a long beep noise. I look down at the phone and see that it’s back to the home screen. He hung up, I realize.

 I drop the phone down on the table and back away from it, wanting to forget what I’d heard. Remy…she couldn’t be…she couldn’t be cheating on Manny?! The thought sends shocks of pain through my heart.

“Jamie!” Remy calls.

“Coming!” I yell back.

 I leave the kitchen and go to Remy, “Who was it?”

“It was the wrong number actually,” I say with a nervous giggle, “asked for someone named Ashley? Poor guy. Well hey, I’m gonna go take a shower, I had a long night.” I say with a shrug.

Remy looks at me with nothing but love in her eyes, “Alright sweetie, when you get out I was thinking you and I could go down to the store, we're bringing food to the bon fire tonight.”

“Alright, great.” I say.

 I leave and as soon as I’m back in my room I throw myself on my bed. Maybe Remy wasn’t cheating on Manny, that could have been the wrong number, the guy could’ve heard my voice and not recognized it so he assumed he had the wrong number and that’s why he hung up.

Yeah, I say to myself, that’s exactly what happened. Remy loved Manny; she would never do anything to destroy their relationship. As I got up to take a shower, I couldn’t help but feel a nagging in the back of my head that Remy was most definitely cheating on Manny.

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      “Hotdogs or hamburgers?” Remy looks at me and I study the pack of frozen, bloody red meat.

 “Definitely hamburgers.” I answer.