Perky :/

*Anne's POV*

Keep your posture straight. Don't do that. Put on your makeup honey. Wash your dress. Listen to the boys.

Why do girls have to do this? Why can't us girls be natural? Play with cars? Do anything boys can do?

I'm Anne, a 13 year old girl with long brown hair. A typical female. The pink Mark from birth lay pale on my left cheek. I wake up at 6:00 am to do my makeup. I cake on the foundation, concealer, lipstick, everything. Just to look perfect, but I hate it. I walk to school, keeping my posture straight. It's miserable to me and if anyone would ever disobey they rules... well nobody would really know what would happen, because nobody ever has...  So I've always been scared to do so, even though I always wanted to break through this and be who I always wanted to be. So on top of that I have to do ballet; my mom forced me to start when I was six, and has made me do it since then, I'm always exhausted from the practices but I always have to act perfect and, be a normal girl.

I arrive at school, and here is where my misery worsens.  As my 'best friend' walks over to me all perky perky like usual , and cheerfully said "Hi"like a perky six year old, which I hated when people were always like that it wade me feel weird and uncomfortable. It was like everyone was brainwashed slaves all the girls the same and then all the guys the same.  Nobody knew how much that annoyed me. My best friend snapping her fingers in front of my saying; "Earth to Anne," snapped me out of my train of thought.
"Oh sorry," I said as cheerfully as I could, which probably wasn't much, because she gave me a confused stare and asked "Anne are you ok?"
"Yes" I lied, just so I wouldn't have to deal with questioning for the billionth time!
"Ok! You ready for the quiz in math today?" Ugh why did she have to be so perky? I thought to myself about what it would be like if everyone and everything changed, then I wouldn't have to follow the stupid gender roles they force upon us.

__________________________________________

Half written by Kae
Half written by Ty

Hope you enjoy it <3 •~• this was fun to write! :3