Chapter Two

Chapter Two

-Azlyn-

Haven ushered me along the halls, to a room I had only seen scarcely, as it was where new patients were admitted.

"Can you give me a hint, Havvy?" I begged, wishing for some kind of clue as to who this person was.

"It's a boy, that's all I really can tell you. Oh, and he's around your age, too!" She exclaimed, seemingly thrilled at the prospect of a new friend. As we were talking, she held onto my hand, tightly squeezing as if she thought I would run.

As we neared the door, I became a bit anxious. Who was behind there, and what should I be expecting? A boy, obviously. Is he a patient? He must be, right? I don't think the facility was hiring young people at the moment.

The door creaked open upon our arrival, our bodies slowly inching towards the unnamed stranger.

Well, I thought, he's wearing the security uniform, alright. Is he the new guard, assigned to Bea? Her former guard got tired of her antics and quit around three weeks ago. Well, he better take good care of Bea, she's my only friend at Meadow Brook, other than Haven.

His head turned towards us as we entered, his blue eyes widening when he realized I wasn't wearing cuffs, which was utterly ridiculous, it wasn't as if I had killed seventy-five people with a pencil.

He slowly took in Haven's nursing attire, which were scrubs for today, and my jumpsuit. He seemed surprised I was mainly well-groomed, hair and teeth brushed, face clean of dirt, nails nice and proper. He obviously thought I would look like a bedraggled female version of the serial killers you see on T.V.

"Uh, hi?" he awkwardly muttered, his hand going to rub his wrist, indicating that he was uncomfortable.

"Hello, I'm Azlyn. Nice to meet you, stranger," I smiled, waving slightly, then motioned towards Haven.

"You may know Haven Baer, am I correct?" I questioned, my eyebrows arching as I awaited an answer. He began to nod, seemingly more comfortable with the situation than he was a few minutes ago.

I took this time to examine him, as he had earlier done to us. He had nicely groomed light brown hair that hung slightly across his forehead due to his nodding, the rest swooping slightly upward. He had blue eyes that were filled with emotion, you could tell from miles away. His features were feminine, in a handsome way.

He seemed nice enough. A new friend seems doable.

"The name's Louis, Louis Tomlinson," he grinned, showing off a lopsided smile that seemed so very genuine.

I think I officially have a new friend.

_______________________

Short, again, eventually I promise I'll make them longer. Character introduction is crucial.

-Someone :-)