Chapter One

Chapter One

-Azlyn-

"Where's momma, Haven?" I asked my caretaker. She looked at me sorrowfully, almost pitiful.

"She's at home, sweetie," she whispered, soft and calm, like she normally would. Haven told me she didn't like the topic, because momma and her were friends.

"But.. Where's home, Haven?" I questioned, utterly confused. Momma and daddy left when I was born, they had to go home.

What is 'home'?

"Well, home is where you feel happiest, Azzie," she explained, a small smile gracing her features to emphasize her point.

"Is this home, Haven?" As a clueless five-year-old, this was definitely my favorite topic. When momma and daddy were mentioned, it felt like they were here, with Haven and I.

"This is home, Azzie. This is home," she mumbled slowly, eyes trained on the wall.

"Oh, okay. G'night Havvy," I called out the door softly, as her figure retreated out of the room.

Why is mommy and daddy's home so far away?

_________________________

"Azlyn Marina Flink!" Haven scolded, ambling out of the cafeteria towards me. Laughter erupted in spurts as I ran, trying to control my breathing.

"Today may be your eighteenth birthday, but that doesn't mean you can act like a Wild One!" She yelped, her fragile body trying to keep up with my fast pace.

I was told that when I turn eighteen, that I would be able to leave. Why would I leave here? This is home.

Where is 'here', you might ask? Well, my home is 'here'. My life is 'here'. My friends are 'here'. This is where I belong. Meadow Brook Mental Facility.

"There's someone.." cue gasp, "I'd like you to.." gasping, "meet," Haven heaved out the words, her body was limp as she clutched onto every breathe.

I paused, letting her catch up to me. "Who?" I was curious, why would she want me to meet anyone? What was the point?

"A.. Friend," she replied. "An important friend."
_______________________

Hey you lovely person. Short, yes I know. So, who's she gonna meet?

You'll find out soon.

-Someone :-)