Assumptions (Grimmjow/OC)

This is the first fanfiction I'm posting on Wattpad.  It's pretty old, so there are a lot of flaws in it, but oh well.  Enjoy.

Kyouko Granz strolled boredly through Las Noches, her violet eyes flickering idly beneath her long lashes. Her long hair reflected the moon’s light back in amethyst tones as she passed a window, and the long sword hanging from her hip bumped her leg as she walked. Rounding a corner, she discovered another arrancar leaning against the wall staring out the window in front of him, his brows set in a permanent scowl. His teal eyes flashed to her, a hint of fire in them.

“…Hey.”

“Oh…Hello, Grimmjow-sama,” she greeted him, slowing her pace and stopping a couple of meters away. He grunted irritably.

“Stop that. You don’t have to call me 'sama’ anymore. You’re not in my fraccion, remember?”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry, force of habit.”

Kyouko paused for a moment, fiddling with the sleeves that came down to her knuckles to form fingerless gloves.

“Can I talk to you?” she asked hesitantly.

“Sure.”

She leaned against the wall, following his example, and eyed the floor uncertainly. It was more than a little awkward to talk to her former master, now that he wasn’t an espada, and she had no idea what to say to him. Luckily, he spoke first.

“So you’re in Szayel’s fraccion now?”

“Yeah.”

“How is it?”

“A little boring, I guess,” she admitted. “I’m still the only girl, but I never really cared about that, so it doesn’t matter.”

“Huh. Do you do much?”

“Not really. Szayel-nii-sama relies mostly on his other fraccion—the artificial ones—to help him.”

Grimmjow nodded, but didn’t respond this time. A reflective silence settled over them until Kyouko broke it again.

“I liked it better when I was under your command.”

Grimmjow seemed a little startled at first, but then he resumed his usual expression.

“Yeah…Thanks.”

“Um…Grimmjow?” she tried his name out carefully. It felt strange on her tongue without the honorific.

“What?”

“You…never really liked me, did you?”

He blinked.

“What are you talking about?”

“Well, I know you were sort of reluctant to take me into your fraccion—Shawlong told me. He said you weren’t too fond of Ilforte-nii, and you hated Szayel-nii-sama…”

Her liquid eyes darted nervously along the ebony floor that contrasted to greatly with the immaculate white walls, avoiding the person a short distance away from her.

“I mean, I know I resemble them both a lot, even though I don’t relate to them at all. And my combat skills aren’t as good as you probably would have preferred…I…”

Grimmjow strode over to her, pulling his hand out of his pocket to place it against the wall and lean over the smaller arrancar.

“I thought I told you I don’t like it when you assume things, Kyouko. I don’t hate you.”

“But—!” She stared up at him earnestly, pressed self-consciously against the wall. “When you went to invade the world of the living, you took everyone else and left me behi—”

He cut her off, pressing his lips roughly against hers. She stiffened at first, but then relaxed, placing her hands on his chest and letting him pull her closer. After a few moments, Grimmjow broke the kiss, gazing intensely into her eyes.

“I left you behind so you wouldn’t get hurt,” he told her slowly. “And even though I’m not an espada anymore, I still want you to be mine.”

She wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling his cheek affectionately.

“Of course, Grimmjow.”