"No, I don't think he's doing anything anymore," I stated poking more at my food. She lifted her eyebrows.

"Really? You don't think he's doing anything anymore?" she asked surprised. I nodded.

"I trust him and what he's doing... it'll work out," I reassured her. She didn't look overly convinced, but I was also on the track to convincing myself. However, now that I knew Malfoy wasn't walking around with younger female students, I was a bit more comfortable with the situation. With more information on it, I concluded it couldn't have been that dangerous. Suspicious, absolutely, but risky? Probably not.

"You've contradicted yourself," she pointed out. My eyes widened, and I glanced sideways towards her.

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly. She chuckled.

"You've just told me you don't think he's doing anything anymore, but you trust in what he is doing," she explained. I pursued my lips. I apparently didn't choose my words very well.

"Both." I stated and went back to eating.

"You're thinking about something... what is it," She demanded after I hadn't spoken for a moment. I shook my head.

"No. I'm serious... It's going to be okay," I told her shaking my head, "I don't know if our relationship will take any steps... but," I said smiling, "but I think I'll just have to wait... he has feelings for me... I know it," I finished blushing.

"Girl!! What happened to you in the past few hours," she exclaimed. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"Nothing! Nothing's happened! I've just realized myself... and have come to conclusions about my feelings!" I explained defensively. She laughed at me and I laughed along. The rest of dinner we did not discuss things regarding Malfoy. I needed the break from thinking/talking about him constantly.

The next few weeks the crying began. It wasn't noticeable at first; he did a great job of hiding it, but I noticed instantly. There was something wrong, and it clearly upset him. I would catch him, only glances, coming from the boy's dormitory into the common room. He attempted to 'fix' himself, but his eyes often appeared red, swollen. I had never seen him cry before, but I could tell he was beginning to show weakness; something he never dared to do.

But I had to push it all away. If I interfered with his process, it would only make it worse. It was almost the hardest thing I had ever done; pretending like he was okay. It was for his own good but seeing him depressed was one of the most depressing things I had ever witnessed. He was supposed to be this big, smug, exciting, superior bully that was proud of what he was and despised everyone else, but instead he became a bitter, sickly, thin person who seemed not to be able to do anything of the sort.

One day I had a chance to be close to him. I could tell he had just cried. He tried to swiftly walk past me, but I grabbed his wrist; it was so thin it was almost as if I was grabbing his bone. The force caused him to whip around and stare at me; his face pale, but I took my time to look at him. I took the time to be patient. He understood the meaning of my action and wiped the remaining blotchiness off his face. He hung his head.

"It's not working," he whispered softly. His voice was so full of pain it nearly pierced my heart. I loosened my grip and wanted to wrap my arms around him. I wanted to comfort him, but as soon as I tried, he took a step back, "I'm sorry, I..." he trailed.

"Please... Draco... Wha- What is it?" I stressed matching the quietness of his voice. He shook his head taking a step back. I let my hand fall and he softly pulled his arm away. There was no annoyance in our actions, just pure compassion.