bullies and bunnies

"See ya later mom." Nick called out to his mom as she waved at him from the steps assuring him she'd be waiting at home for him. Nick grinned quickly turning away and adjusting his uniform as he practiced his best smile. Tilting his chin up Nick ran up the steps of the building making his way inside. He spotted a few animals inside all wearing the scouts uniform and was surprised to see a small bunny sitting in a corner coloring in a book lost in her own world. Nick didn't question it and instead ran to greet the other members of the troop giving paw to a zebra named jeffrey. Nick made his way in front of the beaver. He was confused as they turned off the lights but shrugged it off thinking it was part of the initiation.

Just as he finished giving the pledge he was kicked to the ground. Two of the troop members grabbing onto his front and back paws and securing him to the ground he could barely make out the sight of silver metal before something was attached to his head. Figuring out what it was, Nick begin to cry flailing in the arms of the scouts as they called him names.

-

Judy looked up from her book wondering what her friends were up to and what the commotion was about before closing her book and standing up. Making her way to where the scouts were crowded she gasped after peeking through one of the legs of the others spotting a young fox cub on the ground crying a muzzle attached to his face. She felt anger and sadness swell up in her and she pushes past everyone jumping in front of her friend Jackson the Beaver.

"What is wrong with you Jack. What has this fox done to you!?" She shouted she watched as Jack grew nervous stuttering as he tried to come up with a excuse. But Judy was having none of it. Quickly crouching she grabbed the fox by his paws and begin to leave the building.

"Well we are no longer friends Jackson. Oh and take your piece of crap with you." She added tearing the best friends charm from around her wrist and throwing it at the mammal. She quickly pulled the fox with her to outside of the building and sat in front of him. She noticed the fox was still trying to rid the muzzle and she frowned carefully unclipping it from his snout.

She watched as the fox cried and carefully and cautiously she put a paw on his shoulder she watched as he looked her in the eyes tears filling his own.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. I didn't know they were going to do that. And I thought I knew Jackson well but I guess not. " She shook her head. He sniffled in response and she leaned forward.

"So do you have a name?" He nods and she waits patiently.

"Um N-Nicholas. Nicholas Wilde. B-but m-my mom calls m-me N-Nick." She smiles in response.

"Well Nick. My name is Judith Hopps. You can call me judy. And I think we are going to be great friends. Don't you?" She asks and he looks at her curiously.

"B-but aren't you, afraid of me?" He finishes and she shakes her head.

"No sir. You see I want to be a cop when I grow up and cops aren't afraid of anything. And they're friendly to all mammals. So I am too." She finishes and he smiles at her.

She quickly grabs his paw and stands up. Nick following suit.

"Well Nick, let's get you home." And they walk down the road in silence Nick smiling the whole time. He finally had a friend.