Chapter 10

Ambers POV
Summer has started no more school any everything is good. I got dressed in black jeans shorts with a tank top and I put my hair up in a bun. I went downstairs and I saw Jay and he said "You have to go to court, your Dad's sister wants custody of you." I stood there not knowing what to do, I said "No, I don't even know her it's been six months and now she does. No I live with you and Will not her." Jay said "I know Amber, court is today at 2, go get your dress on." I walked back up to my room and got my white and pink summer dress on with black flats and I took my hair out and brushed it but had to straighten it, I walked downstairs and Jay was dressed in black dress pants and a blue dress shirt with a silver tie and we headed to the court house. This guys walked up to us and said "Hi my name is Cater Johnson. I will be representing you today." I nodded soon we where called into the room. I was on the stand and Cater said "Hello Amberlynn, how are you?" I said "Fine please call me Amber." He asked "So Amber it has been 6 months since your parents death, and your dads sister knew you right?" I said "Yes she knew me but I never met her." He said "So now you love both of your uncles right." I nodded and said "Yes Jay and Will are the closest I have to father figures." I was able to go and we found out that she has no custody. We went back home and I changed into what I was going to wear today and I quickly got my shoes on and I said "Hey, can we go throw the ball around." Jay nodded and we went outside and started throwing the ball around and Jay said "Alright we have to run to the store to get stuff for dinner let's go." I nodded we headed into his grey charger and we started to head to the store, we where on this road just talking when I screamed "Jay,look out!" He tried to move but he wasn't fast enough and the car rammed into us and we flipped. Next thing I knew we where upside down.

At Chicago Fire

Matt Casey POV

It was a normal day at the fire house then the bells went off "Truck 81, Squad 3 Ambo 61 automobile accident at West 31 Ave." We all ran to the trucks and got in and headed to the to site. We got there and I said "Herman and Kidd go to the red ford. Mcholland with me to the charger. Brain go with Herman." We ran to our car and I saw Jay and a little girl and Jay was unconscious but the girl wasn't. I said "Hi sweetie my name is Matt, what hurts." She said "My back and head. This seatbelt hurts." I nodded and I said "Kelly I need to cut the door off." I said "Alright I am going to come in and someone is going to cut the door off." I slid in there and took of my jacket to put over her and the door was cut off "Dawson I need a collar." Brett and Gabby came over with a back board and a collar the girl said "Wait I'm a short neck on that and I am allergic to Acetaminophen and Aloe." I nodded we got that on her and we got out of the car. Brett and Gabby took her and I sat down and sighed she reminds me so much of my little sister (btw I don't know if Matt has a little sister) they got Jay and we headed back to the fire house. I went to my office and I sat down with my head in my hands.

Ambers POV

We got to the hospital and the lady said "What do we got?" Gabby said "12 year old car crash complain of back and head pain. Allergic to Aloe and Acetaminophen." She nodded and they started to do all these test and I said "My head its spinning." They looked at me and then hooked me up to all these machines. Finally they stopped rushing around and a girl came in and said "Hi Amber I'm Dr.Manning. So looks like you will just be sore for a few days nothing major. Take it easy and I will send in your uncle." Will came in and I said "Where's Jay?" He sighed and said "He is in surgery he got really beat up." I couldn't help but think this is all my fault. I start to cry Will comes to me and hugs me and says "Hey, it's ok." I stayed in his arms and we found out that Jay is ok and that we will be fine.

2018 freshman year
SKIPPING to where she is in High School

It has been exactly three years since my parents have died and I am starting high school at Navy Pier High School. I am glad to start high school. I still play hockey and I still play softball but I am going out for the track team this year, I stopped track for a few years just reminded me of my parents to much. I got up and got dressed in dark wash shorts with a army green crop top and then a white tank under it and my space effect converse. My hair is just past my middle of my back. I quickly straighten it and headed down stairs. Erin and Jay finally got married and they have a little boy named Ryan Henry Halstead he is about three he calls me sissy since Jay is my dad and so is Will they have officially adopted me. Will got married to a girl name Olivia she is a firefighter at 51 (Just for the story) they had a little girl named Madison Taylor Halstead and she is my sister. She is about 4 the best part is she was born on my moms birthday May 6th 2014 she was born when I was in 6th grade. I love them to death and I wouldn't change the world for them.  I headed downstairs we still all live in the same house. I saw all of them down there and I grabbed Ryan and picked him up and said "Hi there buddy." He laughed and I hugged him and kissed his cheek. I quickly ate some toast for breakfast and then Jay said "Alrighty picture time." I grabbed Ryan and Madison I stood in front of the door and bent down to there level they took pictures. Once we where done with pictures, I grabbed my backpack and I said "By guys." I started to walk to school, school is only about 10 minutes away by foot. I got there and I headed to my home room. I sat down and my teacher said "Hi Amber." I waved my schedule went
Home room- Mr.Roman
US History- Mr.Johnson
Biology- Mr.Stewart
Language Arts 10- Mr.Ross
Geometry- Ms.Anderson
German 3- Mr.Buck
Study Hall- Mr.Brady
Since I was from Minnesota originally I took German 1 in 7th grade and German 2 last year. Also I was put in a grade level above for classes. Soon it was time to go first hour. I walked in and the teacher said "Go ahead sit anywhere." I sat down in the closet seat next to me. He went over exceptions and then we had to introduce our selfs, I said "Hi my name is Amber and I play hockey and softball and I'm from Minnesota. I have a little brother and a little sister who are 2 and 3." Soon it was free time and Mr.Johnson said "Amber come here." I went over to his desk and he said "So looking at your page it looks like you are in all 10th or 11th grade classes why is that?" I said "Well Minnesota school district was a year ahead of you guys." He nodded, soon school was over I headed to the district, I got there and I sat down in Jays desk. He said "Alrighty kid listen that's my chair not yours. Move your butt." I said "Halstead in the beater one so you pull a up a chair." Soon it was time to go home and everyone was asking me about my day and I said "Fine, we all know I will beat the crap out everyone." Soon it was time to go to bed."