"Are you ready?" Erskine asked Steve and he nodded. "Good. Take off your shirt, your tie and your hat" He listed and Steve did as he said. A girl then came and took his stuff off of him. The girl was gorgeous making me slightly jealous. I need to check out these feelings as soon as I can.

I looked up to the observation booth where Colonel Phillips was talking to a guy in a suit.

Once Steve was ready, I helped him lay down in the capsule. Erskine then came and stood next to me.

"Comfortable?" He asked Steve.

"It's a little big" He said with a nervous laughter. Erskine chuckled back trying to calm Steve down a little.

"You save me any of that schnapps?" Steve asked referring to last night and the wine, or whatever it was.

"Not as much as I should have. Sorry. Mr Stark, how are your levels?"

"Levels at 100%" Howard said walking in behind me. He's even handsomer up close.

"Good"

"We may dim half the lights in Brooklyn, but we are ready as we'll ever be" he said before flashing me a smile. I smiled back.

"Agent Carter, Agent Gomez. "I turned to see a smiling Erskine. "Wouldn't you be more comfortable in the booth?" He asked.

"Yes, yes of course" Peggy smiled before walking to the bottom of the steps.

"Can I have a minute with Steve, please?" I asked Erskine and he smiled.

"Of course" he said leaving us be. I sighed and looked at Steve.

"You're gunna be okay, Steve. Howard is the best person for this and I trust-"

"Will you still be my friend, at the end of this?" He asked suddenly. I smiled at him.

"I will be your friend no matter what happens, okay?" I asked brushing some of his hair back. He nodded and I smiled kissing his forehead. "Good luck short stack" I joked before walking to Peggy. I gave Steve one last smile before going up with Peggy to the booth.

"He'll be okay, Ashley. He's in good hands" Peggy reassured me before we sat with colonel Phillips. Some feedback on the speakers sounded through making us look to Dr Erskine.

"Do you hear me? Is this on?" He asked looking at me and I nodded. "Ladies and Gentlemen, today we take not another step towards annihilation, but the first step on the path to peace. We begin with a series of micro-injections into the subject's major muscle groups. The serum infusion will cause immediate cellular change. And then, to stimulate growth, the subject will be saturated with Vita-Rays." he explained as they set everything up. A woman then injected Steve with something that made me scrunch my face up. I hated needles.

"Serum fusion beginning in five, four, three, two. " My heart was beating super fast and I had to swallow hard. "One" I then saw the serum start to go into Steve. He looked in pain making me feel worried. Peggy noticed this and held my hand.

Erskine nodded to Howard to start the procedure. Howard nodded and flicked a switch making the capsule turn upwards so Steve looked like he was standing up. The capsule closed up as it did this. Now my heart was really in my throat. Erskine then nodded again to Howard who then started turning up the Vita-Rays.

"That's 10%" He said as a bright light came from inside the capsule. "20%. Thirty. That's 40%. That's 50%." The light kept getting brighter making me shield the light with my hand from my eyes. "Sixty. Seventy" I then could hear Steve's scream from inside the capsule. My heart stopped for a second knowing he wasn't okay. I shot up from my seat and rushed to the stairs.