2.

A week later...

It was Sunday evening and I forgot to call otabek to tell him I went to the same school. I called him and he picked up pretty quickly.

"Hello?"
"Hey otabek"
"Oh hey yurio!"
"My parents insisted I went to this school.."
"OK?"
"And it's the same school you're going to! What a coincidence right? Hehe..."
"Yeah. That's awesome! I guess I'll see you tomorrow then"
"Yeah.. bye! "
"Bye"

The next day I walked to my new locker. I put my stuff in it and then went to class. I was nervous, since my face still looked fucked up.
Biology, dammit.  I hated biology. I sat down by a table in the back and then realised I should probably tell the teacher that I'm a new student.  I walked over to her desk and told her.  She then made me sit in the front and told the rest of the class.
"Ahem, everybody. This is your new classmate. Yurio nikiforov. Tell us a little about yourself. "
"Um..." I wasn't prepared. "I'm yurio,  I like figure skating and cats, and yeah..." I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to say. "Now does anyone have a question for yurio?" The teacher asked.

One hand went up in the air.

"Yes Mila?"
"Did you move?"
"No. I've always lived here.  I just switched schools"
"Why?"
"It was just a stupid school. No particular reason." I quickly sat down before she could ask another question.

When we had break I tried to spot otabek. Suddenly he sat next to me.
"Hello there" he laughed
"oh, hey" I said.
"So what's up? Made any friends yet?"
"Hmm" I moaned annoyed. Honestly I was scared. What if the situation would be exactly the same?
"How about you?" I kicked the thoughts out of my mind.
"Yeah the guys are really cool"
I looked down. I'm not good at making friends.  No one tried being friends with me. So that's how I always ended up alone.
But now I had otabek. Only problem: I loved the fuck out of his stupid face.

"Do you um, want to hang out at my place today?" I asked.

"Mhmm" he just stuffed his face with his lunch. He swallowed and then said "sure"
My mood got better immediately. "cool!" I smiled.
The Bell rang and I went back to class when that girl from before sat down next to me.
"Heyy" she said.
"Hello" I answered cold.
"So what's the real reason you switched schools?"
"exactly what I told you"
"I could see you turned red and got nervous... yurio was it right?"
"Yes. And it's none of your business"
"Wow. Okay. No good way to make friends." She stood up.
Fuck. I already fucked up.
"Listen.." I said. "I left the other school because I didn't have many friends and-"
"Oh no, how is that possible you're such a nice guy" she said sarcastic.
"And I almost got killed by some bully and that's why I'm not good at socialising okay?" Then I stormed out.
I could hear the teacher yell at me but I didn't listen. I walked to my locker, and put my backpack in there.  I walked out of school to the lake to think.

I threw some rocks in the lake.
The class already ended. Mila sat next to me.
"Listen I'm sorry. I didn't know"
"You couldn't know" I said.
She looked down. "Was it really that bad?"
I laughed. "You don't want to know"
"But what did they do to make it  that bad? What is it like?"
I looked at her.
"The constant fear of not being good enough. Being punished for something bad you did but not knowing what it is you did. Constantly getting punched for fun and if you try to defend yourself they'll grab you by your throat. Not having a single friends because everyone is afraid they'll get bullied too. Getting kicked of your spot at the table where you sit alone. Because the cafeteria is full. Coming home with a bleeding face an black eyes only to tell your parents you were being an idiot and fell off your bike again. Broken bones, fucked up faces. Everyone sees it. Nobody cares."
I started crying by now and otabek walked over who apparently saw us.
Mila's face turned white as she looked at me. Otabek sat down. "Hey yurio is this your new girlfriend?"
"Hah.. no. I was just telling her about my old school"
Suddenly I felt arms around me.
"I'm so sorry that they bullied you" mila said.
"Ohh" otabek said and then rubbed my back.
"But who's this guy?" Mila asked
"He's my only friend." I smiled
"I thought you didn't have any friends?"
"I got my first one a few weeks ago." I laughed.
"Congratulations. You gained a second one"
I looked at her shocked, then almost started crying
ALMOST.