[BMV] | during dance.

{bold= mystery boy | italics= leah}

_____

the school gym was a wide contrast to what it had been like during the basketball match. there were countless red and white balloons flying around along with an ice sculpture of cupid. the school committee had really gone all out for the event.

leah walked in with her arm linked with justin's. she wasn't feeling that excited for the dance knowing that she was going with someone she didn't exactly feel anything for. she saw justin as a friend, at most. she kept her phone in her hands at all times hoping for a buzz to sound.

_____

are you kidding me, leah?

what?

you!!! who gave you the right
to look this gorgeous?
it hurts me.

thanks :). where are you?

sly. i'm in the gym ;).

and, you're matching my dress??

yup just like a hundred other
guys wearing the same shade.

you're so annoying, you know that?

so you've said.

_____

it was time for the "secret" dance. the rules were that you can't dance with the person you came with, it has to be completely dark, and you can't reveal names.

the lights dimmed and everyone shuffled around until two people were together.

"hey." the guy leah was with said, his voice deep but smooth.

"hey." she replied with a smile, until she realized he couldn't see it.

he placed her hands on her waist and they inerlocked their other hands, swaying sligthly.

"so, am i still annoying?" he said.

leah gasped, nearly screaming, but stopped herself before anything.

"you're...you know, mystery boy?" her heart was running wild and she was ready to give up anything for the lights to turn on.

"if that's what you call me." his voice was soothing in a way. even though she felt like she had heard it before, being so close didn't help her insides.

"will you ever tell me your name?" leah asked.

"i don't think you'd like me too much if i reveal that." she heard the worry in his tone clearly.

"and you expect me to be your valentine?"
leah scoffed, convinced that this boy was playing with her.

"that is the plan. but, knowing who i am won't help my case."

leah sighed. she didn't even want to know anymore. there was a real connection that she felt but it was all in her head.

"i'm not a player." he said.

his hand moved from her waist to her face and he stroked her face, softly.
"when i say i'm in love with you, i mean it. from the day i saw you in that basketball stadium cheering us on, in freshman year, i knew you were the one for me. it sounds cheesy but i felt it."

leah tried to remember the games she'd went to but freshman year was a long time ago.

"i know you hate math because logic is overrated. your bestfriend is victoria mcdonald. you had an art exhibition at a local gallery over the summer and that's where i got your painting. your favorite color-"

"-is the color of your eyes." leah finished for him.

the song was nearly finished and leah felt sad as he withdrew himself from her. although, he only knew about her from stalking her, she could hear the meaning in his tone.

it might have been the slight buzz she had from the punch, or the words he just said that touched her, but she leaned in and kissed him ever so slightly.

it was merely a brush and she was hoping that she actually got his lips and not something else.

she could feel his shallow breathing as he said,
"remember- 34."

_____