Chapter 2

I woke up to the sun shining through the gap in the curtain. Remus was lying next to me with his arm still protectively around my waist. I yawned as I rolled over to look at him. He smiled down at me.

"Morning." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"Morning." He replied sweetly.

"We should probably get up. Molly will be preparing breakfast." I said as I sat up. He rolled out of bed and started getting dressed. I pulled my trousers over my bare legs and walked out of our room. I stopped outside Hermione and Ginny's room and heard voices inside. I knocked twice and Ginny opened the door. She was smiling brightly.

"Good morning Tonks." She said as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Morning." I said laughing.

"What can we help you with?" Hermione asked as Ginny let me go.

"I don't suppose either of you have some clothes that will fit me do you?" I asked them.

"So you stayed here last night" Hermione said raising an eyebrow.

"Yes I did but it wasn't like that." I said blushing.

"Yeah. Yeah. Okay." She said happily.

Hermione got up off the bed and walked over to her trunk. She rummaged through and pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a navy blue vest top.

"This is all I've got. I need to wash my clothes." She said honestly.

"Thank you. This looks perfect." I said as I walked back into Remus's room. He was dressed and combing his hair. He stopped when he saw me coming.

"You got some?" He asked.

"Yeah. From Hermione." I said smiling. I closed the bedroom door and put on the clothes Hermione had given me. They fit surprisingly well. The trousers were a bit short but I was wearing boots anyway so you wouldn't be able to tell.

"You look great." He said as I pulled a jacket over the vest top.

"Thank you." I kissed him slowly before walking over to my handbag. I pulled out my hairbrush and brushed away all the nots.

"You ready to go downstairs?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Let's go." I took his hand and we walked into the hallway. We started walking down the stairs when my foot missed the step. Remus reached out for me but it was too late. I skidded down the stairs and landed in a pile at the bottom. My head was throbbing painfully. Remus ran down and knelt beside me.

My vision went blurry as I watched the others rush out into the hallway. My eyes closed slowly and I drifted unconscious. "Tonks? Are you okay? Tonks!" I could hear Remus calling my name but I didn't know where I was.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around at all the stunned faces. "What happened?" I asked weakly.

"You fell down the stairs." Remus said quickly. He was holding my hand.

"Where am I?" I asked as I tried to sit up. Remus pushed me back down and told me not to move.

"Don't move too quickly. You hit your head pretty hard." He said. I brought my hand up to my forehead and felt the large lump.