COPY.

you say you feel the same.

TAEHYUNG TENDED TO OVERTHINK

it wasn't a good trait of his. then again, he didn't have a lot of traits that were considered good.

but his paranoia didn't allow him to stop assuming every head of black hair wasn't jeon jeongguk, or to stop glancing at the hearts of every person that walked by.

they did studies. for every hundred people, there was a broken one.

that meant there were eighty million in the world. about five hundred thousand in south korea. maybe fourty thousand in busan.

he told himself it didn't bother him.

it wasn't on his mind when he walked. it didn't plague his thoughts while he slept. it didn't make his heart ache, almost in guilt.

jeongguk's heart, or anyone else's, for that matter, was not their own fault.

but taehyung couldn't help himself from wondering if, maybe, this time it was.

  Δ  

running into somebody isn't meant to be taken literally.

but here taehyung was, apologizing profusely to the man he ran into, picking up the scattered papers with trembling fingers as he mentally cursed himself.

clumsiness wasn't as much of a charming attribute than childhood made it out to be.

"i am so sorry," taehyung stammered out for the umpteenth time, holding out the papers he collected with his head bowed.

"it's alright. thank you."

that would have been taehyung's cue to abscond from the situation, but he stopped in his tracks when he noticed who it was.

"je-jeongguk?"

"hyung," the raven-haired said in greeting as taehyung blushed.

"oh, you don't have to call me that, i'm sure we're around the same age anyway; i feel more comfortable without the formalities," taehyung babbled, pulling at the collar of his shirt.

jeongguk nodded. "i'm sorry."

"ah, oh, you don't have to apologize - it's my fault, we haven't really talked. much."

taehyung squeaked out the last breath as the other watched him with faux curious eyes.

"are you busy this weekend?" taehyung blurted out, not fast enough to retract the words from his stupid mouth. why did he say that. why on earth did he let himself say that.