Teardrops in the Midnight Sky

I walked into the doors of Grand Cedar High just as the bell rung. Great first day and I’m going to be the awkward new kid that walks into class 30 minutes late. I pulled open to the large cedar doors that hid the front office. I was greeted by a grey haired lady who chattered loudly into a phone receiver. ‘’Are you Logan Tyler?’’ She asked covering the receiver. I nodded and she pointed to a large stack of books and folders placed neatly in a stack along with a sheet of paper. I quickly stuffed the books into the medium size saddle back pack that I had brought along with me from New Haven. I skimmed the paper which held my schedule and other important information such as my locker number, my locker code, and my lunch number. I glanced at the clock on the wall 8:20, damn I was already late.

            I knocked gently on the door of my English 3 class. A tall thin looking guy with glasses opened the door. ‘’You must be Mr. Tyler. The class has been waiting for you.’’ He said motioning me in. As I entered I felt all eyes on me. My tall, skinny figure was flattered by my straight leg jeans and my quarter sleeved black V-neck. I gently moved my chin length dark brown hair out of my eyes, this was the part I hated. The introduction and the questions that followed. ‘’So Mr. Tyler, tell us about yourself.’’ I swallowed hard as I focused on a poster of Steven King hanging in the back of the classroom. ‘’I’m from New Haven. I’m 17, I have a little brother whose a freshman and a little sister whose 11. ‘’ Should I conclude my speech with my sexuality? No they might get the wrong idea of me.

            As my day went on I wondered from class to class giving the same speech multiple times. As the lunch bell rung I proceeded to get my lunch out of my locker, please for god sake let there be someone here who isn’t already judging me. I finally found my way to the lunch room and took the only empty table left. The sound around me was hurting my ear drums, how could anyone take this? I was playing around with my apple slices dipping them in a little cup of peanut butter when someone’s food tray landed in front of me. I looked up and saw the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen in my life. He was flawless. He was wearing a brown polo shirt, with tight fitting jeans. His hair was perfect, a light brown with blonde highlights that intensified the deep blue shade of his eyes. ‘’Hello?’’ I was snapped from trance, and I smiled at him. ‘’I asked if you would mind if I sat here?’’ He asked already sitting down. ‘’You must be new, I’m Ben.’’ He said. ‘’Logan.’’ I replied rather shyly. He smiled and it made my heart skip a beat. I really think I’m going to like it here.