"Great! We're going on a trek up to the summit of Mt. Godford. All the tents are already set up there, so go and pack your things kids! You just need your pj's..." 

I zoned out of what she was saying and turned to Alex, excited. "Camping! Doesn't that sound fun?" I nudged him with my shoulder. He kissed the top of my head. 

"Yeah, babe." 

After Aunt Kathy finished up listing what we needed, Taylor and I led the kids back into the cabins to pack up. I also grabbed a backpack and shoved my pjs, a change of clothes, bug spray and suncreen. After thoroughly making sure all the kids were set, we exited and waited at the start of the trail for the rest of the camp. 

"I thought we had a truce," I sighed to Taylor when he came over to me. 

He shrugged his shoulders. "Like I said before, you did the exact same thing to me." 

I cross my arms, narrowing my eyes. "So you can't be a man in all this?" 

"You can't be a lady?" He quirked an eyebrow. 

"I'm just saying, Herrings, we're back at square one right now, so you better watch your back," I sing-songed, smirking. 

He winked at me. "Always, Williams." 

*********************************************************************************************************************

An hour later, I was sweaty and exhausted as I dumped my bag in the first tent I saw. Shortly after my confrontation with Taylor, we headed up the trails, where I didn't even catch a glimpse of Alex. I looked around, trying to spot where he was. He was leaning against a tree and talking to-

Juliet. 

Squaring my shoulders, I made a beeline for them. Hey, no matter how nice she might be, a boyfriend stealer is a boyfriend stealer all the same! 

"-the dog poops!" I heard Juliet say as I approached. They both began cracking up and I noticed how Juliet's hair seemed to perfect even after the long trek and she didn't break a sweat. 

Butthead. 

"What's the joke?" I asked, putting a hand on Alex's shoulder, slightly leaning into him. He shook his head, still chuckling. 

"You had to be there." 

Ex-CUSE ME? 

I stiffen and quickly shoot a death glare at Alex. His eyes widen as he realize that he said the wrong thing. "Mind if I just steal my boyfriend for a sec, Jules?" I chirp. She smiles. 

"Sure!" 

I quickly grab his arm and pull him away. The moment I let go, Alex held his arm closely to me, rubbing it. "Ow! You got a hell of a deathgrip, you know that right?" He winced. 

"Oh, man up, you wuss," I roll my eyes. 

"What happened to nice Cass?" He muttered under his breath. 

My anger flared and I crossed my arms defensively. "Nice Cass was gone the moment she saw her boyfriend flirting with another girl." 

Alex gave me an incredulous look, raising his eyebrows. "Flirting? You've got to be kidding me!" (Gif on the right ----->)

My cheeks flush, but I remain adamant. "Well, what else would you call that?" 

"Um, talking? A conversation? And you're one to talk with Taylor-" 

I cut him off by punching him in the arm. "Yes, of course, Alex. I'm flirting with Taylor. Cause clearly pushing a girl into a lake just screams 'I'm into you!'" I roll my eyes, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "But I guess, I'm sorry," I mumble, my eyes dropping.