decisions

Alex's POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

     I kicked myself as I walked back to my dorm. Had I really just given Thomas, the guy I fought with on a regular basis, my number? He just seemed so kind in the moment. He was the only thing keeping me from having a full-blown panic attack from the storm. Before I went to my dorm, I decided to talk to angelica. She was always levelheaded. Unluckily for me, her sisters were with her. I sent her a text about what happened and walked to her house.
     "Thomas!?" Angelica screamed as I walked inside," after fighting with him for so many years you just, asked him out?" Before I could get a word in, Peggy ran into the room." Alex has a boooyfriend," she mocked, making a face and sticking her tongue out. "Peggy, stop. We're trying to figure this out right now." Angelica sat down on the couch and gestured for me to sit next to her. I then realized my situation and began to panic.
     "What am I going to do? I'm such an idiot!" I tapped my foot anxiously, thinking about what my parents would think if I went out with a guy.
     "Calm down," said angelica," I know your parents wouldn't approve, but they don't control your life anymore."
     "I think you should go for it, if you really like him," said Eliza, who had clearly been eavesdropping in the other room.
     Suddenly, my phone began to ring. An unknown number flashed onto my screen. I pressed the button to accept the call." Hello?"
     "Hey Alex, this is Thomas." I held the phone to my chest and mouthed his name to the sisters." Put it on speaker," Peggy whisper screamed.
     I put my finger to my lips and pressed the speaker button."Alex, are you there?" Thomas asked from the phone.
     "Yeah I'm here, what did you need?" I said quickly. I looked around at the Schuyler sisters, now giggling and whispering to each other.
     "Um, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out this Friday?" I almost dropped the phone out of shock. He had just asked me out. Eliza had to cover Peggy's mouth to stifle her squeal. I pleaded with them silently and they all nodded their heads vigorously." I guess so," I said shakily to Thomas. "Um, see you later, I guess." I hung up the phone and slumped onto the couch, exhausted for no reason. Peggy tackled me in a hug as the other sisters giggled and walked over. I said goodbye to them and practically skipped to my dorm. I shut the door behind me and collapsed onto my bed. I quickly texted the group chat I had with Hercules and Lafayette.

Alex: I think Thomas just asked me out
Herc: WHAT I thought you two hated each other
Laf: Mon Ami you owe me ten bucks I told you Alex liked guys
Herc: guess I was wrong, but good for you Alex! We're coming over to celebrate!
Alex: see you guys soon

     Herc and Laf got to my dorm about twenty minutes later. "I thought you hated him, Alex. This is amazing!" Herc said as he sat next to me on my bed. They stayed for a while before heading back to their room. I looked up at the ceiling, thinking of Thomas as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

     OK so this is pretty short but I have writers block. I promise it will become less cliche eventually. Hope this isn't too terrible.