epilogue. it's about us

HIM

HIM

They weren't kidding when they said no relationship was real unless there were fights. Lance almost wanted to clutch his painfully thumping heart to slow the unbearable pain. He couldn't believe he'd let Julia walk away. Just like that. Tears were pricking both of their eyes, arrows were piercing their souls, and he'd simply let her walk away.

He didn't even remember what they had been fighting about. The only thing on his mind right now was how his throat burned at the memory of the words they'd yelled out at each other.

"Stop, Lance! Just stop. I need to leave now, we'll -" She'd stopped herself and then wordlessly trudged out of Starbucks. And something about it seemed so final.

He tensed, thinking about how it would be to never hear her speak again. To never see her again. He pulled himself up from the curb of the marble statue - that she'd helped stay, he reminisced - and began to shuffle his feet to Oceana Suite.

He tugged at his hair, a sob threatening to nudge its way out his mouth, when his phone rang. Rubbing his eyes, he inhaled deeply and answered the call without looking at the Caller ID.

"Get yourself down to Ferrara's. Now." Dan's frustrated voice reverberated through the phone and Lance heard him groan in annoyance, before adding, "You're such a freaking idiot. Unnecessary courtesy of Kota."

And then the call ended, beeps echoing through his ear as he, fumbling, hailed a taxi to the place he was assured he could go to if he needed to be reminded he'll get home someday. He'd found home already, in her, and he wanted to scream in misery right then and there in the quiet cab that he'd let her go.

If misery had wanted company, it should've knocked at his door years ago, not when he was finally happy. Stupid miserable misery. And, thus, continued Lance's incoherent, annoyed mumbles throughout the ride to Ferrara's.

"Prince Charming has arrived. Minus the punctuality, of course. I'm pretty sure Dan said 'now', not 'in fifteen minutes'." Kota scoffed, hand tossed casually over a girl's shoulder who had buried her face in her arms, resting on the rich wood table.

"Traffic." He spoke for the first time since the argument, his voice hoarse and scratchy. Lance heard Julia clear her throat, something she did even if someone else's voice was uneven, subconsciously.

"Sit down. The overprotective brothers have got a few questions for you, Taylors. And, since Dom's not here, - he will be questioning you through video call tomorrow, by the way - Kota's taking his place." Dan declared. Sensing the seriousness of the gathering, Lance straightened himself from the slouching posture he'd been wearing as he plopped down opposite Kota. His fingers ran through his messy hair tirelessly in anxiety.

But, he froze, when she mumbled, "Hide me."

Dan rolled his eyes. "Oh, please. If I don't do this, you two are going to end up like a sob story and the Harts don't need that kind of drama in their lives, we've -"