this will be interesting

Start from the beginning

"You set your wolves on me?" I asked without turning around.

"you need to listen to this dear child its important no matter how hard or unbelievable it sounds, I do you no harm, remember that"

I sighed "fine I'll hear you out, but as soon as it starts getting weird I'm leaving" I say, turning around and walking closer towards him, he stops leaning on one of the trees beside him and holds out a hand towards me

"Let's take a walk shall we?" I nodded, not taking his hand though; I followed his steps as we walked around aimlessly, his hands grazing the leaves of the trees above, though the wolf didn't follow.

"so I shall start off with the dreams, they will come often, don't worry, they may seem dethatched at the moment like your being brought into the middle of something but its shown to you for a good reason" he paused and I took that as a chance to ask questions

"How did you know I've been having the dreams?"

"That is something I will explain another day" and he dismissed my question there.

"Anyway as I was saying, there are good reason you are shown certain dreams, some call it shadow drifting, some call it sleep calling, all the same if you ask me though I prefer to call it shadow drifting, your desires, wants and questions all in your mind lead you to the shadow drifting. You wanted to know what was wrong with the guy from the cinema, correct" I nodded "well the dream showed you that-"

"So what you're saying is that I have some power to see stuff in my dreams?" I said, slightly believing it

"Call it a gift, yes, as you simply put it, you can see 'stuff' in your dreams, but it doesn't take a long century to learn before you can wilfully approach the dream yourself"

Another question popped into my mind "so since you call it shadow drifting would that mean that I was there in I don't know, spirit or something, and does that mean that people can see you?"

I could see a smile tug at the corner of his lips, teeth showing under the suns quick fading rays "I'm glad you figured that part out, your very smart and on the right track as well, yes it is possible that you could be there at the time but that is only if the dream is current" I gave him a confused look, he shook his head "I mean only if the drifting is taking you to the situation that is happening at that exact moment, so the people around you could see you if you don't be wary, but if you are shown something from the past, then no, you would merely be a spectator to the situation" I nodded, but I felt like there was something more that he wasn't telling me, something he was hiding, I knew this because once he had finished speaking his eyes had dimmed and his jaw clenched and unclenched involuntarily, showing me he was keeping something back.

"Is there anything else about this shadow drifting I should know about?" he looked towards me as we approached a nearby road, it didn't take me long to realise that it was just a couple of streets away from my house.

"you must be cautious, when about to go to sleep you have to keep your mind calm and clear if you don't want to shadow drift, but if you do then only put one desire at a time in your head, overloading yourself with questions could cause for short term and long term consequences" he answered solemnly

"What kind of consequences will there be?"

He sighed "it depends on how you cope with the amount of times you use shadow drifting, I would say don't over use it, if during the day you feel lightweight and about to collapse you have reached your limit, some signs are just normal sickness signs but ten times as worse, fever, being delirious, migraines, passing out, memory loss, and those are just the short term results of over using it"