Chapter 5 (Kaitlynn's POV)

Brooklynn's little cries wake me up. I flick on the lamp and pick her up, standing up to rock her a bit.

Jake wakes up as well and smiles.

"Let me see her." He says and I nod, handing her to him.

He stands and moves around the room as well, cradling her to his chest.

She lays her tiny head on his chest and I put a pacifier in her mouth, which she automatically starts to suck on.

As he walks around the room with her, I lay back down, listening to the sound of him humming. Not too long after that, I fall asleep to that humming as well.

&&&&

"Good morning beautiful." Jake says later that morning when I wake up for the day. Brookylnn is awake and they are both out in the living room, cuddling on the couch.

"Good morning my husband. I'm sorry I fell asleep again, I'm just so exhausted." I say, kissing him before sitting down next to him.

"It's okay sweetheart. I understand. You've definitely gotten up with her more than I have."

"It's not a competition babe." I say, rolling my eyes but smiling.

He smiles at me before looking back at our little girl. Her eyes are open and she's just staring at us, eyes wide.

My phone vibrates and I look down at it to see Natalie and Trinity typing in the group message that is the three of us.

Trinity: Hey Brooklynn's mommy, wanna come shopping with us today to get graduation dresses?

Me: Sure, when? And can I bring Brooklynn and Jake?

Natalie: Yes, of course. We are bringing Brian and John. And we will meet at the mall in about an hour.

Me: Sounds good, squad shirts?

Trinity: Only of course.

I laugh at my phone and tell Jake the plan. He nods and hands me Brooklynn so I can go and get her ready for the day.

First, I change her diaper. Then, I change her into a purple onesie and some purple and black polka dotted pants. I put some purple socks on her before bringing her into the bedroom and setting her in her rocker, letting it rock her to entertain her for a little bit while I get ready.

Jake is in the shower, so I decide not to take a shower. I took one last night and I need to watch Brooklynn.

So instead, I bring her little rocker into the bathroom and keep her in there while I get ready.

I plug in my straightener and while I'm letting that heat up, I go into the closet and grab my outfit.

Trinity, Natalie, and I have these white, long-sleeved t-shirts that have squad written in cursive across the front in black. We bought these shirts a long time ago and usually wear them when going to the mall only.

I grab that shirt and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with some white toms before walking back into the bathroom.

Before doing anything else, I brush my teeth and wash my face. After that, I start to straighten my hair, which takes about 25 minutes.

Then I put on some makeup, not a lot, but enough to bring out my eye color.

When I finish with that, I put on some undergarments and then put on some Candy Apple lotion before getting dressed.

I spray some perfume on and take Brooklynn back into the nursery to pack her diaper bag.

In the bag, I put a lot of extra diapers, some pacifiers, two extra changes of clothes, some bibs, burping cloths, my breast feeding cover, and some extra blankets.