Chapter 2

Brinnley's POV:

Before he could forcely end my life, a hoard of those freaks came stumbling to this spot in which we stood. The fear crawled into his eyes, I couldn't blame him. Those things could freaking eat you alive. "Come on!" He yelled at me, grabbing my arm and dragging me into a store, a candy store to be exact.

"What's going on!" I yelled at him, trying to as calm as possible but utterly failed. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "Why did you shoot it? I could have done perfectly on my own." "Excuse me? If it wasn't for me, you might as well be dead right now." "It wouldn't matter because if it wasn't for that hoard, you would've killed me." "If I wanted to kill you, then I would've thrown you to the walkers." "Walkers?" I asked, bewildered. "Yes. Those disgusting creatures right there." He pointed at the freaks, begging for our flesh.

The glass looked like it was getting more fragile with every punch of force the "Walkers" made. I heard a loud squeaking sound coming from behind me. "Lets go. We'll be safer in the basement. It looks like that glass is about to burst." I walked down the stairs, him following suit. He closed the door behind him.

He lit a candle to fill in the empty, dark room. "How would we get out?" I questioned. "I got it covered. Don't worry." He sat down in an old, dusty chair and I settled on the ground. "Do you mind explaining all the events leading up to this 'Zombie Outbreak'?" I asked, throwing up fingered quotations.

"Of course not" he got comfy in his chair while I stared at him, waiting for his reply. The thumping on the glass was so noisy, we could still hear it downstairs. "Wait? You don't know what's going on?" I shook my head no. "You have no idea how the walkers happened?" I gave him a blank expression.

He sighed. "It's been all over TV." He added. "I wouldn't know because I've been in a coma for a while." "How did you end up in a coma?" "I guess a car crash. I woke up in my parents car after I picked up groceries. Now that you mention it, I heard a broadcast on the radio before my crash. It said to lock all windows and doors." I explained my near death experience. "Yeah. The walkers have a disease. Once you die, you turn into them. You'll regenerate. They kill. Before they kill you, you need to kill them." I nodded understandably.

We sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes. "When did you get in that coma?" He asked me, out of nowhere. "In about September." I answered. "But it's November. How did you survive 2 months In a coma?" "I-I don't know." I replied, honestly. After about a minute after I answered, the glass to the candy store door busted.