Literally ?!

"Are you literally kidding me !?you must be mistaken!" Dan said placing his progress report down a little too harshly. Whirling around towards the assistant principal, he was meet with an almost apathetic expression," Mr. Howell I can assure you that this is neither a mistake or a fluke, you are simply missing a months worth of volunteer hours"."But I did them last year , I'm sure of it", Dan respond distressed. 

         "You completed one month yes, but we require a two month volunteer record for graduation", Ms. Bev answered in a slightly bored fashion. "That's idiotic!" Dan responded unsure of how to process this new info. "It's to ensure the student involveme-" she started only for Dan to cut in," student involvement in the community  I know I know ! But you don't understand I have three test and my recital this month!" 

"Yes Mr.Howell I am very aware of the upcoming end of course exams . That doesn't change the fact that your missing a month of volunteer work",she answered with more force than before. " I can't possibly be expected to do all of this !? I can't do all of this !" He stated raising his voice. " Then you won't graduate" she answered. Sighing Dan looked down at progress report and sighed,' and I was doing so well ', he thought to himself remembering the weeks of scheduling, "what are my options ?"

"Welcome to England's most trusted and popular boarding school for our disabled youth" Dan read aloud while staring at the webpage of his to be volunteer hours.