My fourth hint was that his blood was so alluring to me. It was a common knowledge in the vampire community was that supernatural blood was several times better than the any human blood, and extremely appealing. Werewolves and mermaids especially—their blood could keep one of us full for a week. And it tasted great.

      Not that I'd really know, I'd never had it.

      My fifth hint was that he'd showed up at school at the same time that a werewolf pack moved in nearby. Seriously, how did I not get that?

     Then there was our fight, which was pretty much a continuation of hint number three. Plus yesterday, when he got all mad when at what I said, was more of hint number two. There were probably a billion other hints as well.

     It was a slow week, alright?

    Mason and I locked eyes. He didn't seem to be shocked to see me either. Judging be the high collar of his shirt, he'd found my little...gift.

Greetings were exchanged, though it all seemed very formal. When Cedric had to shake each of their hands, he looked like he wanted nothing more than to break their wrists. And when I had to shake everyone's hands, when I came to Mason, it had to be the most awkward encounter I'd ever experienced.

"We need to talk," he said lowly so only I could hear. Or maybe I wasn't the only one who could hear—werewolves had even sharper senses than vampires.

Throughout the entire course of the meeting, I wished to be anywhere but there. It just felt uncomfortable. I was a vampire. Standing only a few feet away from me were five werewolves. Somewhere not too much farther into the forest, there was a house full of werewolves. Just standing there made me want to punch a tree. Or a wolf. Either works, really.

I had to admit, I tuned out while the adults talked. They were just saying mundane old things, establishing ground rules and peace. It was straight up boring.

I found it much more interesting to observe Cedric. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see every twitch of his jaw. He kept clenching and unclenching his fists, and I wondered just how much he wanted to attack.

Probably a lot.

The meeting only lasted about thirty minutes, but it felt like an hour. All I did was stand there and nod as if I were listening—why did I even have to come to this thing?

As soon as the meeting was over, Cedric hightailed it out of there. I almost laughed—he literally didn't waste a second. I had a feeling that he knew if he didn't leave, he'd probably punch someone. Then he'd lose his spot as chief, god forbid.

My father continued talking to the alpha—they got along surprisingly well after the formality was dropped. It was kind of weird. I caught Mason's eye and he nodded his head to the side, indicating that I follow him. Reluctantly, I told my father I'd be right back slipped away behind Mason. If I were Cedric, my father would've stopped me. He knew that I wasn't as radical as my brother, though, and he trusted me on my own with a wolf.

Mason wasted no time getting straight to the point when we were out of war shot. Which was really far from the others, by the way. It's so hard to be "out of earshot" when it comes to supernatural beings.