Hide

What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? The words raced through my head as I felt the panic start to set in. The door was still open and I had no where to go. As far as I could see the only way out of this closet was through the door. Neal stood in front of the closet blocking my only way out.
"Neal," Peter's voice was getting closer, "I can help her. She just has to turn herself in."

"That's not going happen, Peter."

"Where is she?" Peter demanded. His voice was changing. He was angry.

Did he know? Did he know I was here? What was going to happen to Neal if he knew?

My mind raced as Peter grilled Neal for answers. Confusion, panic, and terror overwhelmed me and tears flowed down my cheeks uncontrollably.

"We'll look here first. Jones already has your phone records, we know she contacted you."

I could hear my heart pounding as they stood in silence. I felt tears fall from eyes as the anxiety became too unbearable. I knew they would find me and that Neal would be in serious trouble if they found me hiding here. He could be sent back to prison.

"Peter," Neal finally sighed. "She didn't do this. She's a good kid. I won't just give her to you."

I felt my heart stop as the overwhelming silence came crashing down. I heard glass breaking and I held my startled screams as best I could.

"Damn it, Caffrey. She's dangerous. If you dont tell us where she is I'll have to take you back to prison. For good this time. Do you understand that?" Peter was pleading with Neal.

I stood up amd moved closer to the door to see how many peole where in the flat. There were only three people I could see through the tiny crack. Neal, Mozzie, and Peter.
Peter stood with his back toward me and he was close enough to hit Neal. I took one final deep breath before slowly opening the door enough to step out. As I did I heard Neal start to beg.

"Peter. Please don..."
"This isn't his fault," I choked. In an instant Peter was turned around and had his gun pointed at me. I backed away as quickly as I could into the wall that wasnt too far behind me. Before I knew it Neal was standing between Peter and me.

"Neal get out of the way," Peter scolded.

"I'm sorry but no. Peter just listen to her. For me. Please."

"I'm not going to go with you Agent Burke. Not until you hear what I have to say. Please don't hurt him." I begged. I put one hand on Neal's shoulder trying to be somewhat comforting.